• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is the best team in our division?

Jmac

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

NO has a consistent defense and Carr makes their offense dangerous.  I think they win the division.  Atlanta will be good but banking on a rookie running back to carry the load isn't a good idea.  I think we have an overall better roster and we'll be 2nd in the division.

I know we looked horrendous in the preseason but that was by design.  I really think we are going to have a very exciting team.  Remember Cam's first two seasons if we had a decent defense we would have made the playoffs our offense was pretty potent.  Our rookie QB wasn't the problem.  It was the D. 

This year if our Rookie plays well, we have a defense that can get us some wins. 

Is our roster really that good though?  Outside of Chinn, Burns, Brown, Bozeman, and an aging Theilen, we have a rookie QB and a bunch of guys that are mediocre 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Is our roster really that good though?  Outside of Chinn, Burns, Brown, Bozeman, and an aging Theilen, we have a rookie QB and a bunch of guys that are mediocre 

It was good enough to be 1 game away from a playoff birth with Steve Wilks.

If we "upgraded" both HC and QB why is it not good enough?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

The overall roster didn’t really improve that much. Especially offense since we lost DJ and Foreman

We improved at HC and QB aren't those the 2 most important things to a football team?

We loss DJ that's pretty much it.

We replace Foreman with a better RB in Sanders.

• Beer 1

Saints have really aged out. I believe they are the oldest team in the league now. They have the best roster as long they can keep them on the field.

I don't think the Falcons are very good. The thing is, they do 1 thing really really well, and if your defense has trouble against the run it will be a very long day.

I think I read the Bucs have the most pro bowl talent on roster in the division. Sounds reasonable. Mayfield is subpar, question marks on the oline, and there is no running game to speak of. Might be the worst offense in the NFC.

19 hours ago, jfra78 said:

It's Saints, but they are on borrowed time.

We've been saying this for 10 years and it's not been true yet. The salary cap is a farce for them and it's time people give their GM some credit for manipulating low cap space into a decent team, year in and year out.

Carr is also a lot better than Panthers fans give him credit for.

• Pie 1

Definitely the Saints when looking at the current rosters and results from last season.

Tampa has the weakest roster by far. Nearly every position group on that roster is not equipped to deal with losing a starter for the season. Atlanta and Carolina have a couple of groups where they could weather such a storm, but the Saints have the best depth by far.

I'm eager to see how this roster develops and evolves under the new staff. We've already seen the death knell for many of Rhule's preferred players, so early signs are showing that Reich is going to put less of a premium on athleticism and more on football intelligence when it comes to later round selections in the draft.