• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns out of practice, Frank Reich not saying if absence is contract-related

WarPanthers89

36 minutes ago, KSpan said:

No one forgets that - everybody else just gets more expensive too, making it an irrelevant point. Setting deals in anticipation of salary cap increases that mag or may not happen should not be a primary strategy.

If you don't take the salary cap increases in to account account then you aren't making competitive offers and might as well give up. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rams vegas o/u 6 wins

thats a top 10 pick, cant imagine they are any better next season

In short Fitt done fuged up

The NFC is historically weak. Unless the Rams are ravaged with injuries they will likely be competing for a playoff spot. I'm not high on Fitterer right now either but if we had traded Burns those picks we can't do anything with right now would not make me feel any better. Because the issue is we aren't even drafting all that well either.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

The NFC is historically weak. Unless the Rams are ravaged with injuries they will likely be competing for a playoff spot. I'm not high on Fitterer right now either but if we had traded Burns those picks we can't do anything with right now would not make me feel any better. Because the issue is we aren't even drafting all that well either.

Kupp is already hurt and their roster is literally half rookies.  They gonna suck ass this year

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rams vegas o/u 6 wins

thats a top 10 pick, cant imagine they are any better next season

In short Fitt done fuged up

Big time. We don't have a roster that can win now, so we're building for the future. Do we really need Burns right now on an expensive contract? No. We have a rookie QB and a weak roster. You trade Burns to the Rams for the picks and plan for the future. Juice up the offense first, then look for a good DE in the future. That's not an "out there" plan, that's the obvious course of action. Instead we're going to do the opposite and sign expensive defensive vets with a Young QB who is still learning. Yikes. But Fitt has never done what I wanted, so it is what it is.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Kupp is already hurt and their roster is literally half rookies.  They gonna suck ass this year

That's your perspective because you want those picks. You knock Fitterer for his decision making but you also want to entrust him with not potentially wasting said picks and locating our replacement for Burns which looking at our drafts the last few years is a tall order honestly bordering on fantasy. Burns or no Burns we need to draft better and people need to stop thinking Fitterer is some mastermind in his own tier amongst his peers.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's your perspective because you want those picks. You knock Fitterer for his decision making but you also want to entrust him with not potentially wasting said picks and locating our replacement for Burns which looking at our drafts the last few years is a tall order honestly bordering on fantasy. Burns or no Burns we need to draft better and people need to stop thinking Fitterer is some mastermind in his own tier amongst his peers.

It’s not my perspective it’s the truth.  Roughly half of their roster is rookies and kupp is already hurt.  If you think they can scrounge up a decent year and not pick in the top 10 then good luck but on paper in a pretty tough division they are going to have a rough go of it and the Vegas total reflect that.   

37 minutes ago, csx said:

If you don't take the salary cap increases in to account account then you aren't making competitive offers and might as well give up. 

My point is that cap increases are a non-factor when weighing potential contract value. It provides neither an advantage nor disadvantage, but can handicap a team if they structure contracts requiring significant cap increases that may or may not happen.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It’s not my perspective it’s the truth.  Roughly half of their roster is rookies and kupp is already hurt.  If you think they can scrounge up a decent year and not pick in the top 10 then good luck but on paper in a pretty tough division they are going to have a rough go of it and the Vegas total reflect that.   

Have you seen the QB's in this conference? Stafford Hurts Cousins and even Carr are the standouts? Woof. It isn't going to take much to get into the playoffs this year. Which is why I'm rolling my eyes at the Panthers brass saying they need more time.

4 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Brown and Houston say

jennifer lawrence middle finger GIF

ok but there were only seven teams with less sacks than the panthers in 2022

and only 3 teams had less pressures

Houston is an aging rotational rental and Brown, well it’s not really his job

like I said can’t have a rush based on a single player 

Edited by onmyown

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

ok but there were only seven teams with less sacks than the panthers in 2022

and only 3 teams had less pressures

Houston is an aging rotational rental and Brown, well it’s not really his job

like I said can’t have a rush based on a single player 

The accolades that houston is getting on here is surreal.  Dude is 34 and a situational pass rusher that played in less then 50% of the snaps on defense the last qt of the season.  And this is, on paper our second best pass rusher.   He is going to help on passing downs and thats it.