• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Let's him and his agent say he's the 2nd highest paid edge player with the third most guaranteed of edge players. 

Could be off on the second part, but I think that's right. 

And if he is turning that offer down I can see why we are hard balling him. The line does have to be drawn somewhere. Let him protest for his six weeks. (Has to start by week 7 to accrue a season) Play it out, tag him once next year and then see ya. The offer you mentioned is more than adequate. Now if we're hard lining on 25 per then shame on us.

3 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

And if he is turning that offer down I can see why we are hard balling him. The line does have to be drawn somewhere. Let him protest for his six weeks. (Has to start by week 7 to accrue a season) Play it out, tag him once next year and then see ya. The offer you mentioned is more than adequate. Now if we're hard lining on 25 per then shame on us.

Oh no the Panthers initial offer was little over 23m aav on a 5 year deal. Think 5 years 115m with 60m guaranteed.  That's what he turned down. 

Reason I went 29.5m is that he was turning down a contract that was 5m off of the current contracts before Bosa.  He's not gonna go any lower than 5m under Bosa. He wants to be 2nd and by a margin. 

Edited by carpanfan96

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Oh no the Panthers initial offer was little over 23m aav on a 5 year deal. Think 5 years 115m with 60m guaranteed.  That's what he turned down. 

I sort of meant if we won't budge over 25. In all fairness the number should be 28. If he is demanding 30 that's too much and the people that will say really gonna let this happen squabbling over 2 million, yep it's already an overpay at 28, like I said there has to be a line but 25 isn't it.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

He’s actually posted his rumors he’s hearing before, he’s been right on a few occasions. I apologize, I cannot remember which rumors he was right about though.

It's iffy apparently the last tweet was from June? One of those believe it or don't situations.

But seeing that Burns is in uniform at practice lends credence to the notion they are likely ironing out a contract behind the scenes. Just have to wait it out.

• Pie 1