• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

9 minutes ago, toldozer said:

He has you completely bent over a barrel when everyone and their momma knows what you turned down to keep him here. Should have locked him up as soon as that offer came in if you weren't going to take it.

Tepper doesn't think ahead. He's always thinking behind.

And people wonder why this franchise has sucked since he took over.

This guy went after Deshaun Watson! Cmon this is Tepper in a nutshell.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Maybe, in the future, we don't shout how important a player is...

Yes, because the rest of the league had no idea who Burns was, and how important he is to our defense. 

Some of the poo Y'all talk yourselves into has zero logic. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

4 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I’d have no issue with this if we didn’t turn down two firsts for him.

It doesn’t matter if he wants more than we feel comfortable giving him, once that was known we had no negotiating power and we have no option but re-signing him.

Just get it done, if we passed up 2 firsts and then can’t/don’t re-sign him then people need to be fired immediately.

This is why I don’t trust this team. Some of us are old enough to remember how poorly they handled Julius Peppers and I swear to God I’m done with this team if he holds out or we only get a compensatory 3rd for him.

11 hours ago, rayzor said:

Can't help but think of Peppers.

We were in a fugged up situation in which I think the decision we made hurt the team.

Not sure what we should have done, but what we did hurt us.

We should have traded him for a shitload of picks.

He said he did not want to play here and egotistical business man JR thought he could convince him and at least buy him like a dumbass. So he was tagged.

The first half+ of games he played the year he was tagged he literally walked through plays. Until I think it was Thomas Davis who called him out big time.

Magically after that he became his usually monster player. Then after the season he just left. Zero compensation.

It was comical. This is how an egotistical owner, especially a hands on one, ruins a team. Tepper os even worse than JR, and I never thought I’d say that.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1