• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big fan of Burns but...

NAS

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reddick’s pass rush isn’t a byproduct of playing in Philly.   He got it done in Carolina and Arizona.  Was better at getting to the passer in each of those years too. 

I’ve never argued he would have saved or done anything.   Comment was Eagles added an elite pass rusher for 15 a year.  Folks here talking about adding one for 30.   Well, that is relevant if you want to talk about roster building by a front office.   Eagles doing it smart.  And they have a good roster as a byproduct.  You start paying pass rushers 30 mill, committee RBs starting money, etc…..it impacts what you can and can’t do elsewhere.  Adds up.  Hell, our 6th biggest cap hit this year is Robby Bobby Robbie Chosen Jet.  Because we paid a role playing WR like a low end 1.  

I recall getting flamed for saying Moore was better than Robby Anderson. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reddick’s pass rush isn’t a byproduct of playing in Philly.   He got it done in Carolina and Arizona.  Was better at getting to the passer in each of those years too. 

I’ve never argued he would have saved or done anything.   Comment was Eagles added an elite pass rusher for 15 a year.  Folks here talking about adding one for 30.   Well, that is relevant if you want to talk about roster building by a front office.   Eagles doing it smart.  And they have a good roster as a byproduct.  You start paying pass rushers 30 mill, committee RBs starting money, etc…..it impacts what you can and can’t do elsewhere.  Adds up.  Hell, our 6th biggest cap hit this year is Robby Bobby Robbie Chosen Jet.  Because we paid a role playing WR like a low end 1.  

CRA you're losing me advocating for continuing to pay a running back top money while discarding a 25 year old pass rusher and one of the most talented players at his position. Panthers fans drag him through the mud but if he has no value as some here insinuate why are teams eager to acquire his services?

Reddick is soon to be 29 years old. Talented pass rusher sure but limited and just as Panthers fans did in his lone season here they would have kept complaining about his ability against the run the same as they have about Burns. The difference is Burns has years worth of growth ahead of him.

Edited by frankw

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

CRA you're losing me advocating for continuing to pay a running back top money while discarding a 25 year old pass rusher and one of the most talented players at his position. Panthers fans drag him through the mud but if he has no value as some here insinuate why are teams eager to acquire his services?

Reddick is soon to be 29 years old. Talented pass rusher sure but limited and just as Panthers fans did in his lone season here they would have kept complaining about his ability against the run the same as they have about Burns. The difference is Burns has years worth of growth ahead of him.

I’m saying contracts matter.  Eagles were simply being  used as an example of a good front office. 

they were able to add an elite pass rusher for 15 instead of 30.    They let a committee RB in Sanders walk.  Here we are….about to pay a comparable pass rusher double what the Eagles did, we grabbed their commitee RB and overpaid him.  Bad contracts add up over time and limit a front office. 

Fitterer has done a lot of good things here, and lord knows he is infinitely better than the other two dummies we had before him.  But not trading Burns for two firsts (even if they were multi years down the road) is one of the most bone headed GM moves across the league in recent years.

This team isn't close to a Super Bowl, and I'm assuming at some point during the Burns talks they knew they would want a QB in this class, which would cost them move up capital.  We could've used those picks.

Spilled milk at this point, but now Burns holding out makes not trading him that much worse.  You got nothing, he will give nothing (until week 9, when he's required to come back for tenure), and then he walks anyways, just like I said he would.  

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Sounds like a tall tale. Moore is still nestled comfortably in our top 5 receiving leaders all time. Only an ignoramus would argue Robbie was better.

It's not a tall tale. 

I hated re-signing Robby Anderson from the jump and it was not a popular opinion:

This, on the other hand, did not age as well:

Chosen/Robby/Robbie wasn't even good enough to be a Corey Brown.

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

These things can be messy, I don’t blame him for chasing the bag. Maybe he’s just fed up that they haven’t offered close to what he wants?

And something tells me the Panthers aren’t going to offer what he wants. 
Since they supposedly already offered him 23 million per, which is still too expensive IMO. 

• Pie 1