• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big fan of Burns but...

NAS

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

And if he pops his Achilles?

People don't think about this. If you ever played football you understand the risk you take by stepping on the field. These grown men with families they have to feed.

My respect level for Burns would grow even more if he steps on the field without a contract. Me personally there is no way I take that risk. It's just a smart business move to sit out. Panthers will cave sooner than later.

• Beer 1

A. In a perfect world, all players get paid whatever they want! (it's not a perfect world)

2. In a perfect Panthers world to some Huddlers, Burns get MAD BANK and we make the Playoffs! (probably not happening this season ... and that MAD BANK will cause issues in the near future)

D. In a logical Panthers world to some Huddlers, Burns gets paid fairly and we miss the Playoffs, but the future budget looks great for building Bryce and his team into a dynasty. (It's Bryce's team, not Burns')

Which one do you like?

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

A. In a perfect world, all players get paid whatever they want! (it's not a perfect world)

2. In a perfect Panthers world to some Huddlers, Burns get MAD BANK and we make the Playoffs! (probably not happening this season ... and that MAD BANK will cause issues in the near future)

D. In a logical Panthers world to some Huddlers, Burns gets paid fairly and we miss the Playoffs, but the future budget looks great for building Bryce and his team into a dynasty. (It's Bryce's team, not Burns')

Which one do you like?

so we are choosing between option #2 and option #D. 

I'd be curious to know what option A, B, C were.  As well as option 1. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, frankw said:

It's cute you think that's a gotcha post. Robbie was talented and could have been a great 2nd option but he got cocky and bought his own hype and thought he had arrived and stopped putting in the work. He become a cancer in the locker room and that's on him. I still don't recall droves of people saying he was better than Moore. Obviously he wasn't and only a few trolls or goobers would have believed otherwise. You probably should move on from DJ though you already did this with McCaffrey and it got really unhealthy. Don't make the same mistake again.

is that supposed to be some kind of gotcha reply? Thanks, I guess?

Fitterer wanted Burns and made that known when he turned down 2 firsts

he has had ample time to get an extension done

it is on him to get it done 

however Burns signed  a contract that runs through this year 

he needs to honor that contract 

..he can sit all year and have money taken  or find trade value for all  I care at this point 

The Panthers have a game to play on Sunday. If he is there he is there, if he isn’t, he isn’t and the NFL and the Panthers will go on

Edited by raleigh-panther

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People don't think about this. If you ever played football you understand the risk you take by stepping on the field. These grown men with families they have to feed.

My respect level for Burns would grow even more if he steps on the field without a contract. Me personally there is no way I take that risk. It's just a smart business move to sit out. Panthers will cave sooner than later.

We all got families to feed with risks at our work place. The 15 odd mill he’s scheduled to make this year would feed a family for a while 

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Can't stand the "families to feed" argument when it comes to professional athletes and contract negotiations.  If you want to say you can't blame them for trying to get max money, that's fair, but not the need to feed their families.

Burns has already made almost $14 million in his career.

If you make $100k a year, you make a solid living and feeding your family isn't an issue (making much less than this that is also true, but this makes for easier math).

It would take someone making 100k a year to work for 140 years to make that much money.

No player who makes that kind of money should ever have to worry about feeding their family, and if they do, it's their own fault and thus not something that you should be saying in support of them looking for a better contract.  Burns has already made enough money that if he was smart with it, he could never work another day in his life and his kids (and maybe grandchildren) should be financially comfortable for life.

Yes, I know these guys all live a much nicer lifestyle than "normal people" but that is still their choice.  The players who make that stupid money, all they have to do is live 1 or 2 years as if they're a normal person making $75-100k a year and in that time alone they'll have saved enough money to have a fun rest of their life regardless of what other future contracts they get.

Edited by tukafan21

19 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

We all got families to feed with risks at our work place. The 15 odd mill he’s scheduled to make this year would feed a family for a while 

Cmon man this reality. What kind of work you do that exposes you to major injuries like NFL players?

I drive box trucks. My biggest risk at work is getting into a accident on the road which we all have to drive anyway. You can't compare a regular workplace to a NFL workplace. 2 totally different environments. If Burns gets injured he's risking millions of dollars. I doubt you are making that kind of money at your job.

17 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Can't stand the "families to feed" argument when it comes to professional athletes and contract negotiations.  If you want to say you can't blame them for trying to get max money, that's fair, but not the need to feed their families.

Burns has already made almost $14 million in his career.

If you make $100k a year, you make a solid living and feeding your family isn't an issue (making much less than this that is also true, but this makes for easier math).

It would take someone making 100k a year to work for 140 years to make that much money.

No player who makes that kind of money should ever have to worry about feeding their family, and if they do, it's their own fault and thus not something that you should be saying in support of them looking for a better contract.  Burns has already made enough money that if he was smart with it, he could never work another day in his life and his kids (and maybe grandchildren) should be financially comfortable for life.

Yes, I know these guys all live a much nicer lifestyle than "normal people" but that is still their choice.  The players who make that stupid money, all they have to do is live 1 or 2 years as if they're a normal person making $75-100k a year and in that time alone they'll have saved enough money to have a fun rest of their life regardless of what other future contracts they get.

Your first mistake is comparing a NFL star player salary to your average person salary. Different money and Burns is losing a lot more money than you would at a normal job.

Generational worth is what Burns is risking. 14 mil is not a lot of money when you consider his expenses. There is a reason star athletes live much different than you and I.