• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1: Panthers vs Falcons

TheCasillas

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Fail-Cons - 32

Panthers - 16

Our defense is going to be putrid. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. We don't have the depth to run for 60 minutes and the Falcons offense should be pretty good. Ironically, all they are missing is a QB. 

Ironically what makes an offense go is the QB. I think Evero will stack the box forcing Ridder to beat us. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, gakonline said:

Ironically what makes an offense go is the QB. I think Evero will stack the box forcing Ridder to beat us. 

I've recently said that's probably our best strategy to win this week sell out on the run. Force Ridder to beat us, the best part of that plan is Horn as we know hom usually erases his man from the field so it'll only leave a good TE and one or two WR to cover. We should be able to scheme them out the game to some degree leaving us with a small advantage. 

Panthers 27

Failcons 20

• Pie 1

The 2022 NFL Fan Base Rankings:

image.thumb.png.8a96bfc60e04e8ef2b88a96ec30824f9.png

If you want to understand this...good luck.  Read the article.  From some guy at the Emory University Business school.

We (The Emory Marketing Analytics Center and Fanalytics Podcast) pay special attention to the NFL because it showcases important lessons about consumer passion (fandom), and we can illustrate the power of analytics for sports and marketing.  

The Emory Marketing Analytics Center’s and Fanalytics NFL preview includes two original but related analyses. One analysis is an assessment of the NFL's top brands in terms of fan commitment. The second analysis is a deep dive into NFL quarterbacks. This analysis includes the development of a new QB performance measure and a discussion of the QB narratives with which each team will begin the 2022 season. The second analysis will start in late May or early June.

The analyses are related because the brand loyalty (I call it Fan Equity) analysis is a snapshot of the moment. It’s a look at the strength of fandom as of the end of the 2022 season. Since fandom is created over many seasons or even generations, this is a look into the past. The QB analysis is a look into the future. QBs are the overwhelming key to winning in the NFL, and winning is what ultimately builds fandom.      

The fanbase rankings are a critical sports business story. Knowing where the passion lies and will lie in the future is essential for every sports league. Fandom is the driver of current revenues for leagues. But beyond basic questions of which teams to put on TV, the analysis shed light on something fundamental about fandom. Fans choose to be fans because they want to belong to something. Being a Green Bay Packers fan is like being part of a “cool club”. Being a fan of the Washington NFL franchise also used to mean being part of something aspirational. Now being a fan of the Commanders is much less appealing. 

https://www.fandomanalytics.com/post/nfl-fanbase-rankings-2022

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I'm so confident that if I'm wrong I will personally lop off my penis and feed it my my pet poodle 

That we will win week 1?  Ridder was my favorite QB in last year draft cause he has the IT factor to read and react faster than any other QB on the board and they have a better o-line to protect him in the pocket. The big question is can we stop Bijan? He is going to steamroll us like he does at Texas. Its going to be long day and it won't be pretty. Falcons wins by 17 but i hope i am wrong.

Go Panthers! 

5 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I honestly have no idea what to expect.  Honestly, if I decided to place a bet on the game, I would probably take the Falcons just because they are at home and probably have a better run game. But at least I do feel better about this year's opener than I did last year.  

What kind of fan who would bet against his own team? It's an unspoken cardinal rule that should never be considered. Predicting the score or losing is one thing, placing a wager against your own team is another. You should be ashamed for even considering it. However, i agree Atlanta will win at home based on our scrimmage and preseason play along with a new coaching staff. I do like our chances to win on the rebound for next week at home against NO especially with Kamara suspended. Bijan very first NFL carry was so scary....he is the next Marshall Faulk. 

10 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

What kind of fan who would bet against his own team? It's an unspoken cardinal rule that should never be considered. Predicting the score or losing is one thing, placing a wager against your own team is another. You should be ashamed for even considering it. However, i agree Atlanta will win at home based on our scrimmage and preseason play along with a new coaching staff. I do like our chances to win on the rebound for next week at home against NO especially with Kamara suspended. Bijan very first NFL carry was so scary....he is the next Marshall Faulk. 

I don't actually bet, so it's not really an issue.  And if I did, I would never bet on a Panthers game, one way or the other.  

Honestly, I don’t feel we have any idea what to expect and neither do the Falcons short or Evero tape at Denver and Reich tape

i have never liked 3 4 because unless they are very stout up front, teams seem to run wild up the middle and off guards 

I feel like the Falcons are going to run wild on offense with the rookie and Patterson.  They will the. pick their passes to Pitts and London based on that and play action.  I’ve followed the Panthers since their inception and they have never,  ever been able to stop a TE

We have no idea what Sanders will do either   

I hate the Falcons passionately but I’m picking them 23 to 17 and god, I hope I’m very very wrong 

just too much  new scheme and the players we have do not seem to fit it, particularly on defense 

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

The 2022 NFL Fan Base Rankings:

image.thumb.png.8a96bfc60e04e8ef2b88a96ec30824f9.png

If you want to understand this...good luck.  Read the article.  From some guy at the Emory University Business school.

We (The Emory Marketing Analytics Center and Fanalytics Podcast) pay special attention to the NFL because it showcases important lessons about consumer passion (fandom), and we can illustrate the power of analytics for sports and marketing.  

The Emory Marketing Analytics Center’s and Fanalytics NFL preview includes two original but related analyses. One analysis is an assessment of the NFL's top brands in terms of fan commitment. The second analysis is a deep dive into NFL quarterbacks. This analysis includes the development of a new QB performance measure and a discussion of the QB narratives with which each team will begin the 2022 season. The second analysis will start in late May or early June.

The analyses are related because the brand loyalty (I call it Fan Equity) analysis is a snapshot of the moment. It’s a look at the strength of fandom as of the end of the 2022 season. Since fandom is created over many seasons or even generations, this is a look into the past. The QB analysis is a look into the future. QBs are the overwhelming key to winning in the NFL, and winning is what ultimately builds fandom.      

The fanbase rankings are a critical sports business story. Knowing where the passion lies and will lie in the future is essential for every sports league. Fandom is the driver of current revenues for leagues. But beyond basic questions of which teams to put on TV, the analysis shed light on something fundamental about fandom. Fans choose to be fans because they want to belong to something. Being a Green Bay Packers fan is like being part of a “cool club”. Being a fan of the Washington NFL franchise also used to mean being part of something aspirational. Now being a fan of the Commanders is much less appealing. 

https://www.fandomanalytics.com/post/nfl-fanbase-rankings-2022

I couldn't even find a Falcons message board the other day, I found a reddit question about it that sent the Falcons fan to a weird members only board and gave up looking

49 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I couldn't even find a Falcons message board the other day, I found a reddit question about it that sent the Falcons fan to a weird members only board and gave up looking

They have members only board cause they don't want to get trolled

• The D 1