• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tee Higgins on Block?

Rags

18 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

We went 15-1 with Ted Ginn as our number 1. 

We went 15-1 with a historically unique unicorn QB having an MVP season with elite D lead by a future Hall of Famer.

Unless you got something crazy to put on the field (which we did)….that was a WR corps you lose with 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Higgins is a great comp for burns. Great player, very important position, not elite, wants elite money. Delusion 

No, the delusion is thinking Higgins isn't a clear cut #1 WR in this league, which he is, even if he's the #2 on his current team.

I said this the other day, people really struggle to differentiate the difference between a #1 in real life football and in fantasy football.

No, Higgins is not a #1 WR in fantasy football, just a high end #2.

But there are 32 teams in the NFL, to think Higgins isn't AT WORST a Top 20 WR and quite probably a Top 15 is just people kidding themselves.  And any WR in the Top 20 in today's NFL is easily a #1 WR, with Higgins likely solidly in the Top 15 at the position, it's clear as day that he's a #1.

In the 4 weeks that Chase was out injured last season, Higgins had 26 catches, for 371 yards and 2 TDs.  Extrapolated out across 17 games, thats 110 catches for 1,576 yards, and 8.5 TDs.  That would have been good for 3rd in both catches and yards in the league last season.

In what world are those NOT #1 WR numbers?

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

No, the delusion is thinking Higgins isn't a clear cut #1 WR in this league, which he is, even if he's the #2 on his current team.

I said this the other day, people really struggle to differentiate the difference between a #1 in real life football and in fantasy football.

But there are 32 teams in the NFL, to think Higgins isn't AT WORST a Top 20 WR and quite probably a Top 15 is just people kidding themselves.  And any WR in the Top 20 in today's NFL is easily a #1 WR, with Higgins likely solidly in the Top 15 at the position, it's clear as day that he's a #1.

In the 4 weeks that Chase was out injured last season, Higgins had 26 catches, for 371 yards and 2 TDs.  Extrapolated out across 17 games, thats 110 catches for 1,576 yards, and 8.5 TDs.  That would have been good for 3rd in both catches and yards in the league last season.

Higigns is legit and I hope we bust down his door handing him a contract next offseason if the bengals don't re-sign him.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Higigns is legit and I hope we bust down his door handing him a contract next offseason if the bengals don't re-sign him.

I'm definitely not against it, I just hope that when the time comes, we don't feel the need to do that and can use that money elsewhere.

There is a very real possibility that Mingo shows #1 potential by the end of the year, if he does that and TMJ has his best year yet, I think we could look at them as the Top 2 next year and put that $15-20 million towards another need.

The other problem with going after him is that it seems very unlikely that he'll ever hit unrestricted FA.  Unless the Bengals need to use their franchise tag on someone else, I'd be shocked to see them let him walk away for free, they'll tag him to be able to trade him for a good draft pick.

I don't really want to have to give up our 2nd rounder and then give him a $20 million a year deal on top of it, not when we're already lacking draft picks at the moment.

Edited by tukafan21

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Just bc ur the top wr on your teams depth chart doesn’t mean you’re a true wr1. Was ted Ginn a wr1? Nothing to do with fantasy. Higgins would be a solid, not good, wr1

edit: I just reread my original comment and realized I never even mentioned this wr1 thing. You just made up an argument lmao

Edited by Panthers8969