• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Games you're following

panfanman

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Am I the only one that feels like josh Allen looks like a rookie tonight ?

This is the long term a league wide result from reducing the preseason to three games. It's basically turning the 1st game of the season into a modified version of the old 4th preseason game that counts. Some teams are choosing to use the preseason to do a more detailed look at roster depth and new acquisitions. Those teams put more time in practice on the starters. The Panthers have done that this offseason. I guess the results will vary from team to team and whether they do not have that problem.  If you haven't noticed league wide very few starters play that much in the preseason.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, Jon Snow said:

This is the long term a league wide result from reducing the preseason to three games. It's basically turning the 1st game of the season into a modified version of the old 4th preseason game that counts. Some teams are choosing to use the preseason to do a more detailed look at roster depth and new acquisitions. Those teams put more time in practice on the starters. The Panthers have done that this offseason. I guess the results will vary from team to team and whether they do not have that problem.  If you haven't noticed league wide very few starters play that much in the preseason.

This is a theory I firmly believe as well.  17 game seasons, playoff spots added… why treat game 1 as the big game… it’s the intro game to your season. 

continuity is king … the longer a roster stays together the more the advantage they can have 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Combined with the padded practice rules. Everyone looks terrible the first couple weeks. Except Dallas apparently 

• Beer 1