• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Scott Fitterer

FuFuLamePoo

17 minutes ago, Scum of the Turf said:

A lot of the way things are now are because of Rhule jmo

Definitely bringing in all of those bum former players and "brand" guys are why we are devoid of depth for sure. I remember looking at final cuts a couple of weeks ago and was like wow they got rid of all of his guys that were even close to the fringe. 

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm definitely not sold on Fitts being the answer. Trading your only proven WR when you're mortgaging the future to trade up to get a QB is... well, interesting.

See this move I’ll defend all day. Without that trade we would have had the ninth pick. Our options would have been Will Levis or another year of San Darnold. We couldn’t afford to wait and hope we would be bad enough for Caleb/Drake. Last offseason was the time to make the move and if it came at the expense of DJ, so be it. Was Bryce the right choice? It’s obviously far too soon to say. But the trade up was a totally justifiable move and I’d even call it a great one.

How they rebuilt the WR room already looks troubling to the say the least. Mingo is actually promising, but it’s not good when a mid second round rookie is the best target your rookie QB has to throw to. I’m not sure if any of our receivers are running quicker than a 4.6 right now. Thielen was a great player in his prime but he’s clearly toast and we gave him three years. Again - that’s a troubling move. 

The WR’s were never going to be great this year, but there were potentially better veterans out there whether in FA or in the trade market. Bryce really needs someone with a quick release that gets open quickly and we have no one capable of doing that.

• Pie 1

This was the first game with an entirely new coaching staff and a rookie QB who clearly doesn’t have reliable or dynamic weapons at WR.  The team made way to many mistakes today but I am looking for improvement this season, that’s about it

But stop fuggin around and sign Burns.  Spend the next offseason building on offense.

Edited by Shocker

This team is in trouble for a little while longer. that’s for damn sure. There’s hardly any big time talent on the roster and you’re down a couple more high draft picks. Trading for Darnold , trading for Corrall, not trading Burns as part of a true rebuild…it’s just beating a dead horse at this point. The org thinks they can be competitive but they’re just wrong. Their decisions are misguided because they think the team is better than what it is. 

It’s been long enough to say Fitt ain’t it. And that’s that. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

This has nothing to do with the Bryce trade which I'm still fine with. Let's go through the list:

• Jaycee Horn - always hurt
  • Terrace Marshall - can't be bothered enough to even try finishing a route, also always hurt
  • Tremble -useless
  • Corrall - out of the league already

These are only the day two picks, not a single day 3 pick he's made has made any sort of impact either. Let's keep going though.

• Traded a day two pick for CJ Henderson.
  • Signed Miles Sanders who's fumble changed the entire game today.
  • Is playing hardball with by far the best player on the team after turning down a lucrative trade package to move him.

Again I'm still fine with the Bryce trade as I obviously think he's someone we can build the future of our franchise around. But he's made multiple other high leverage moves/picks that have been nothing short of disastrous so far. Without serious turnaround/growth from this roster he should absolutely get canned come January.

I'm not saying that one day Young will be a good NFL QB. But from what I've seen, I don't think he will be good enough that warranted what the Panthers gave up for him.

I'm no longer a Fitterer guy. That said, the Young trade was likely not his. That was the owner's decision to continually put together bad deals in a desperate effort to find a QB. The past four years, they've done something stupid in the offseason trying to find the QB messiah. 

Right now, Fitterer is looking worse than Hurney. At least Hurney made some great first round picks. I have yet to see a great first round pick by Fitterer.