• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Mortem: Game 1

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

nice post, keeping it less reactionary..but...

I don't think it's out of bounds to say Bryce's accuracy was pretty off today and it just wasn't the best performance.  We can say that without crying out he's a bust or anything like that.  

He had a few good moments but I actually thought he seemed a tad anxious back there and was throwing behind, sailed a few as well.  Had one very nice drive that showed promise.  

The entire passing game is what I found disappointing.  Play design, play calls, and Young.  It's unfortunate, particularly because this is what we've been used to and wanted to be rid of, and were promised to be rid of. 

Onto next week.  Better look a whole lot more competent.  I'll give Bryce time, but the playbook didn't look pretty off the bat.  

He tailed off as the game went on, but that's not really a huge surprise for a rookie.

Haven't seen a load of rookie first games in my time, I can definitely tell you I've seen way worse 😄

• Pie 2

Well my feelings are all the same as they have been 

- Frank shouldn’t be calling plays 

- we need better skill talent around Bryce.   We lack the type players that can really help a rookie that is isn’t going to be threatening deep. 

- we should of added more depth to the backfield 

- it’s a rebuild so I don’t care about w/l.  Care about what we are doing to help Bryce grow.  And I think the front office could have done a better job at that than they did in terms of the bodies around him on O. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

A lot of us are tired of reading your conjecture. Having 100,000 post doesn’t mean you’re right about anything. The coaching staff looked like what many of us thought. And Young was disappointing. You can look promising as a rookie QB. Today, he did not. 

You know, you’re not required to read any post by any one ?? I mean I think you can even block them . 
The whining on here today was worse than when Rhule was here..  in my opinion. 

why do posters feel to need to whine .. they only post on a bad play,, 

Edited by OceanPanther
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well my feelings are all the same as they have been 

- Frank shouldn’t be calling plays 

- we need better skill talent around Bryce.   We lack the type players that can really help a rookie that is isn’t going to be threatening deep. 

- we should of added more depth to the backfield 

- it’s a rebuild so I don’t care about w/l.  Care about what we are doing to help Bryce grow.  And I think the front office could have done a better job at that than they did in terms of the bodies around him on O. 

Who should be calling plays then?

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

This is what they signed up for when they drafted Young.

If he succeeds he'll be Brees-lite, shredding you laterally until you overcompensate and he can hit a deep pass. It's a dink and dunk offence that has to be absolutely perfect in it's execution though - but that's his (physical) skill set. 

That’s a lot of draft capital if that is your plan.  

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

This is what they signed up for when they drafted Young.

If he succeeds he'll be Brees-lite, shredding you laterally until you overcompensate and he can hit a deep pass. It's a dink and dunk offence that has to be absolutely perfect in it's execution though - but that's his (physical) skill set. 

You are woefully underrating his skill set. If anything, his skill set was muted by the receivers today, and murdered by the coaching staff. This game was in many ways a testament as to why you need to give rookies at skill positions more work during the preseason. Chemistry isn't just something to say, it's a real thing. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

A lot of us are tired of reading your conjecture. Having 100,000 post doesn’t mean you’re right about anything. The coaching staff looked like what many of us thought. And Young was disappointing. You can look promising as a rookie QB. Today, he did not. 

For as much time as Bryce had to throw I think he made too many mistakes.

• Pie 3

We don't have the WRs that can take the top off of a defense with Chark out, and to be totally honest I don't know how much of a difference he makes.

This team is already banged up with Chark, Thielen, and Sanders not at full speed.  We have 1 tight end who is actually competent in both phases of the run/pass game.

As for our D - we are going to get gashed by teams who can run the ball and lit up by teams who can throw it.  Atlanta is not a good team and we'll face much better down the line.