• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's discuss Bryce Young's debut

GOAT

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can agree power back was and is a need for this offense with a rookie QB. Hubbard is better than some people say here but why we were running him on 4th and 1 is perplexing. But Foreman alone isn't changing this offense. Either Reich and Brown have some kinks to work out or it just stinks altogether. In their defense this receiver core is mehhhhhhhhh. Trading DJ Moore may very well cost Fitterer his job. Among other gaffes.

It will cost him his job when coupled with the grocery baggers he's given Young to throw to.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I did not like what I saw personally.

he looks tiny as advertised. he looks frail, he looks weak, he looks young, he looks scared, he looks very laid back but not in a good way.

he made a few decent throws. he's very robotic and safe, he's very fundamental driven but in a bad way.

his interceptions were ugly and practically identical mistakes.

I kept an eye on Anthony Richardson and he really does look like Cam Jr. 2 TD throws and a rushing TD. Got hurt towards the end carrying the team on his back like Cam.

hell even Baker looked leaps ahead of Bryce today. a lot of ball left but Bryce does not pass the initial eye test.

at times? he looked like...gulp Jimmy Clausen.

I'll see myself out...feel free to discuss amongst yourselves...

PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

Being objective: He looks like yet another impatient, over reaction by the owner. One panic move after another by the Dave Tepper to find a QB. Bridgewater, Darnold, Mayfield and now Young. Young may be a solid NFL QB. But a franchise QB that you trade Moore, your 2023 1st Round pick and your 2024 1st round pick to get? NO!  He's not that. 

Four years of "trying to win now" instead of just sucking for one season and building from square one. 

And now, if this is the season they do suck and go 2-15...they have no First Round pick.

The experts said last January: There are no franchise QBs in the 2023 draft. But, once again, Tepper had to have his damned QB. 

To win, you HAVE to be patience, something Tepper will never have.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Any coach is gonna be hard-pressed to win 4 games with this roster, top-to-bottom. I've noticed the angriest people are the usual suspects plus the people who expected 9-10 wins this season. I'm not sure there's 9 wins to be had combined between 2023 and 2024, and that's even as Young improves.

If there aren't 9-10 wins between 2023-2024 seasons, then this entire thing was an unmitigated disaster and there is probably no light at the end of the tunnel. 

I think we will and have to do better than that. Anything else will mean we are the old Lions/Browns.

A calculated, football-smart, precision-matchup rhythm passer, ----- would be best suited entering a warm-weather or dome environment such as those most common in the South divisions. Would stand to benefit heavily from operating a short, dink-and-dunk rhythm passing game. Compensates for a lack of elite arm talent and prototype measurables with the intangibles and football intelligence that could elevate the other 52 players around him. Instinctive passer with the laser-beam determination to become a Pro Bowl-caliber passer in the right system.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/teddy-bridgewater/32004252-4912-9168-84fe-1a998a0eb85b

^^^^^ Basically this which means I think Bryce can be good, but we f*dged up trading away our offensive weapons this year (and draft picks up to even get him) and signed subpar replacements that leaves us in a position where we might not be able to put together a suitable offense for Bryce this year...or next year either. 

Bryce's physical limitations were on full display today.  Saw potential with Hayden Hurst, but he will definitely need an elite-ish WR to help him out. I don't think we'll get that this season even with Chark coming back.

Edited by AceMan

All of the rookies lost their games today. Young looked great in the first half but not so much in the second half. Atlanta stopped playing vanilla defense once they got the lead and it got to Young. The receivers did not really help him out either. Young will get it together and I hope Reich understands the amount of miscues he had in coaching today. 

4 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Being objective: He looks like yet another impatient, over reaction by the owner. One panic move after another by the Dave Tepper to find a QB. Bridgewater, Darnold, Mayfield and now Young. Young may be a solid NFL QB. But a franchise QB that you trade Moore, your 2023 1st Round pick and your 2024 1st round pick to get? NO!  He's not that. 

Four years of "trying to win now" instead of just sucking for one season and building from square one. 

And now, if this is the season they do suck and go 2-15...they have no First Round pick.

The experts said last January: There are no franchise QBs in the 2023 draft. But, once again, Tepper had to have his damned QB. 

To win, you HAVE to be patience, something Tepper will never have.

We will be behind the 8 ball for years if Bryce shats the bed.

DJ Moore was solid, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend like there weren’t games as recent as last year where Baker and Darnold couldn’t find any WRs getting separation. I feel like we as fans under appreciated Moore while he was here, but definitely over appreciate him now that he is gone. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

All of the rookies lost their games today. Young looked great in the first half but not so much in the second half. Atlanta stopped playing vanilla defense once they got the lead and it got to Young. The receivers did not really help him out either. Young will get it together and I hope Reich understands the amount of miscues he had in coaching today. 

Just let Brown call plays and Reich can be the team manager.  People like him but he's not an elite play caller

• Beer 1

The good:

-Several good reads and throws with anticipation although receivers didn’t seem to be on the same page many times

- Looked very relaxed

-Good pocket presence and kept his eyes down field 

The bad:

-No deep threat connection

-Too many throw aways

-Too much head movement 

-Played it too safe after Int’s (that could be coaching)

Play calling was not great 

Run game rarely found rhythm 

Never a sense of urgency on offense - reminded me of Rivera-ball