• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Topic title

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Should have let him play out his final year and then moved on, then it wouldn’t have been as sour as cutting him.

Sure Rhule was the assclown who did the mismanagement that I noted, and Tepper and Co deserve a lot of the blame for that hire, but it's not like Cam has been All World since we did move on...

And you can't honestly say that Fans would have just held hands and everything would've been cool had we just let him go after his contract expired.. This place would have been that much more insufferable and NO ONE can dispute that

1 minute ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Sure Rhule was the assclown who did the mismanagement that I noted, and Tepper and Co deserve a lot of the blame for that hire, but it's not like Cam has been All World since we did move on...

And you can't honestly say that Fans would have just held hands and everything would've been cool had we just let him go after his contract expired.. This place would have been that much more insufferable and NO ONE can dispute that

I don’t think ppl would have been happy but it wouldn’t have been as bad. Especially since his play declined bc his shoulder, it would have been easier to digest. Maybe it would have been better if they got a better qb than teddy? 

10 minutes ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Im curious when It would've been ok to release him, because as of this offseason, he was still clamoring to be on a team, and 32 teams still said "No Thanks". I loved Cam. I loved Jake. But I'm also not blind and can  see when a player is broken and The Team needs to move on from The Player. TB2Gloves wasnt the upgrade, and sure, the position was mismanaged afterwards, but releasing Cam wasn't was bad as "Fandom" and "Hurt Feelings" make it out to be when you have the Team's interest in mind and not your own.

I would have had no problem moving on from Cam if it meant going with a rookie. But to throw the best QB in franchise history to the curb for Teddy fuggin Bridgewater?! I don't give a fug if Cam was 60%, a 60% Cam is better than Teddy 2 gloves. All the blood, sweat, and tears Cam shed for this franchise, the least we could have done was let him finish out his contract.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

To be honest it's the officiating that has taken a lot of my passion out of it. It's clear the NFL does not care about making the correct calls. There is just too much bias and incompetence to 100% believe that the best team will win. 

That horse collar punt return was the biggest bs I have seen since they allowed cam to be killed on the season opener in 2016

We've gone from a multi-year rebuild, to a multi-year rebuild. Brutal. That will kill any fan base. It comes down to a few key mistakes. Herbert was there for a trade up and Hurney knew he was the guy. Then he sat put and took Brown. Devastating mistake. Then we brought in Teddy, followed by Sam. Brutal blunders. In comes Mayfield. A joke. This time span killed the spirit of the Panthers fan base, and what's worse is that the fans didn't want those QBs. We already knew at the time that they were mediocre or worse. Devastating.

Now here we are with a rookie QB and starting over. We fans are totally exhausted and the team looks like ass. This is basically a lost rebuild season, and we have no 1st round pick to be excited for next season. All we basically have is the hope that somewhere toward the end of the season Young will be playing at a high level. Until then we're going to get our as handed to us, and there is no reward in a high draft pick. It's all on Young, and that verdict is WAY off into the future. Essentially we have nothing right now to be excited about. So why not do something else on Sunday and check the highlights later? I wouldn't fault any fan for doing just that. The team has been mismanaged to the point where it's impossible to enjoy watching the team. It's over for now, and the future is an unknown. 

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I would have had no problem moving on from Cam if it meant going with a rookie. 

Well hell I guess we should've let Rhule finish his contract too. Cam was busted. Shoulder, and legs/feet in his last year with us (well before coming back after his Single year in NE). People want to blame Rivera's mismanagement of Cam, but that was Cam's game. 

Nope. Used to borderline obsess over it and get upset if I missed a single snap in any game and especially when we lost. Also used to know the roster like the back of my hand, from starters to practice squad. Now I still follow really closely relative to most casual fans but we have players on the team I don't know and I have no issue missing some plays and or games later in the year when we have sucked early and are out of the playoffs. Even back in 2016 when we sucked I watched pretty much every snap of every game. Bryce/the new staff have given me new hope but still nowhere near to being back to how much I cared back in like 2019 and prior. Covid and the team sucking along with getting older and just having other more important things in my life were probably all factors, and if we do get really good again ever I will get more into it, but probably never like I was before. I did go to the Falcons game today which was my first game since 2018 and despite the sh*tshow today I enjoyed watching the team live again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Well hell I guess we should've let Rhule finish his contract too. Cam was busted. Shoulder, and legs/feet in his last year with us (well before coming back after his Single year in NE). People want to blame Rivera's mismanagement of Cam, but that was Cam's game. 

Posts like this are so dumb. Anyone with a brain who watched this team week in and week out know cam was mismanaged. This team did nothing to build around him. They used draft picks on shaq thompson and Vernon butler in his prime. Cam was a gift that was extremely under appreciated by this fan base.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, NAS said:

Night is darkest before dawn. Just need another magical run to hook us for another decade 

yeah I'm thinking of Bengals fans recently. For years they sucked and always knew it and it was just business as usual. Then they get Burrow and make the Super Bowl beating the Chiefs in the process and expectations/hopes are as high as possible. Now a loss like today for them and even in the playoffs last year kill them even though they should be used to it. Being really good but not winning it all is a bit of a curse. I still take that every fuging day over being irrelevant but it draws you in to care more so losing hurts much more. 

• Pie 1