• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich Press Conference: Week 1

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, Tbe said:

So Bates said after the game he knew our coaches would try to ease Bryce into it with a short passing game so he decided to play closer up. 

We need to start hitting longer shots or it’s going to be like that past few years all over again.

At the very least Bryce seems to be better at trying to throw past the line to gain then Teddy 2 Yards. 

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, Ridder did look timid, but in that timidness took what we gave him.  Don't get me wrong, I think Ridder sucks, but the dink and dunk game can be effective even in its boring simplicity.

It’s the only way they can win with him. It’s going to bite them in the ass if they have to play from behind. Falcons fans around me at the stadium were getting pissed at how indecisive he was and that he seems to scared to run even if he has clear lanes. Wouldn’t be surprised if Heinicke ends up making some starts.

Throwing on first down would’ve helped a lot 

that play calling was very predictable 

when you have their safety saying it out loud, you know where the issues are, predictable play calling and no fear of any starting receiver within that play calling to get separation or over the top

if that does not get addressed with better scheme, it’s going to be a very, very long season  

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Injuries happen all season, but to my recollection, I can't remember this many hammy injuries even for week 1.

It happens every Week 1-3.  I promise you it isn't happening any more or less right now, it just feels that way because you are in the now and not the past.  But this is an issue to start the season every year because again, it is rough on some players.  Even preseason isn't being played at the level of intensity as a regular season game.  

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mage said:

It happens every Week 1-3.  I promise you it isn't happening any more or less right now, it just feels that way because you are in the now and not the past.  But this is an issue to start the season every year because again, it is rough on some players.  Even preseason isn't being played at the level of intensity as a regular season game.  

I said this in another thread, but I think super explosive and athletic players like Horn are more likely to have soft tissue injuries because they train so hard.  It happened with CMC too, he was almost too lean in terms of building muscle that his body just can't handle it.  I think there's a balance in getting stronger, faster, but avoiding those types of injuries.  I wish him a speedy recovery because he deserves a chance to have a long and productive career.

• Pie 2