• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

1 minute ago, Rags said:

winning cures all ales man. be a lot less griping if we pull of a W on sunday.

At least save the anger til we see more of the product on the field tomorrow s'all i'm saying.

I feel you.

But trust and believe you my emotions is no longer anger. It's all laughter. I accepted Tepper for what he is. When we lose I just laugh.

I guess people emotions change over time. In my 20's I would have been pissed after a Panthers loss. In my 30's these L's just make me laugh. 

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I feel you.

But trust and believe you my emotions is no longer anger. It's all laughter. I accepted Tepper for what he is. When we lose I just laugh.

I guess people emotions change over time. In my 20's I would have been pissed after a Panthers loss. In my 30's these L's just make me laugh. 

How old are you now?

1 hour ago, DrowsyJungle said:

It's hard to tell what was Fitt and what was Rhule. I think I put more on Rhule considering on all those panthers confidentials for the drafts Rhule was the one seemingly calling shots. 

Why does this matter? You’re saying either  Fit wasn’t real GM material where a first time Baylor coach called shots or you’re saying he is partly to blame. This argument holds no water and either way Fit is a yes man to Tepper and that’s it.

Tep talks a big game about people disagreeing with him for a reason, and that reason is it’s not true. He wants a yes man at the end of the day because he wants credit for turning the ship around he fuged up in the first place.

It’s BS and until he lets go and realizes this isn’t a toy and he isn’t qualified to determine it’s success we are doomed until then.

• Beer 1

I don't know if we can fairly assess him in week 2 of his 3rd year because Matt Rhule had a lot of sway the first year he was here, and we don't know how much say he had last year as well.

I think we need to have that conversation at year's end to really identify the good he has done for this franchise, because frankly, there have been a lot more whiffs than hits so far.

Ironically enough, I don't have as much ire for him as Hurney, because with Fit, the randomness and aggressiveness are at least fun, compared to the predictive clockwork of Hurney - Draft first round stud, fug around the rest of the draft, sign some bum FAs, overpay a mid tier talent, have a losing season. Rinse repeat.

43 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Why does this matter? You’re saying either  Fit wasn’t real GM material where a first time Baylor coach called shots or you’re saying he is partly to blame. This argument holds no water and either way Fit is a yes man to Tepper and that’s it.

Tep talks a big game about people disagreeing with him for a reason, and that reason is it’s not true. He wants a yes man at the end of the day because he wants credit for turning the ship around he fuged up in the first place.

It’s BS and until he lets go and realizes this isn’t a toy and he isn’t qualified to determine it’s success we are doomed until then.

Seems liked you want to cash those checks already one week into a season with a new coach. I'd like to say yes Rhule had control of the roster and Fitt was a glorified scout for those years. That's an ownership problem. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DrowsyJungle said:

Seems liked you want to cash those checks already one week into a season with a new coach. I'd like to say yes Rhule had control of the roster and Fitt was a glorified scout for those years. That's an ownership problem. 

Won’t disagree with that general point at all, but I still don’t think Fit is a legit GM. In fact I don’t think Tep would hire a legit GM until he’s ready to be challenged on his dumbassery - which is to your point.

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I don't know if we can fairly assess him in week 2 of his 3rd year because Matt Rhule had a lot of sway the first year he was here, and we don't know how much say he had last year as well.

I think we need to have that conversation at year's end to really identify the good he has done for this franchise, because frankly, there have been a lot more whiffs than hits so far.

Ironically enough, I don't have as much ire for him as Hurney, because with Fit, the randomness and aggressiveness are at least fun, compared to the predictive clockwork of Hurney - Draft first round stud, fug around the rest of the draft, sign some bum FAs, overpay a mid tier talent, have a losing season. Rinse repeat.

True we don’t know what decisions were truly Rhule or Fitterer, but I know for damn sure it wasn’t Rhule’s idea to inexplicably pick up Sam Darnold’s $19m 5th year option before he played a down for the team. 

And as I said earlier in the thread, at least Hurney could identify a star player. He sucked in many other ways but I cannot deny his ability to draft absolute studs in the first round. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm far from sold. I've watched folks staunchly defend him and Gettlemnan both simply because they aren't Marty Hurney but at some point we have to move on from simply getting away from Hurney and try to get an actual competent GM.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. It often takes 3 years to see how Draft picks turn out, but he lost me with the Young trade. On the back of not trading Burns for two first round picks that's nothing short of criminal mismanagement. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Nothing really.  Because his draft picks are too young to judge.   Incomplete grade there.

so really all you can do is judge his free agents and contracts.  And he hasn’t been good there.   

Isn't Dan Morgan in charge of the pro scouting side of things? Fitt = draft. Morgan = FA?

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

True we don’t know what decisions were truly Rhule or Fitterer, but I know for damn sure it wasn’t Rhule’s idea to inexplicably pick up Sam Darnold’s $19m 5th year option before he played a down for the team. 

And as I said earlier in the thread, at least Hurney could identify a star player. He sucked in many other ways but I cannot deny his ability to draft absolute studs in the first round. 

Hurney was the GOAT at first round picks. I hated him as the GM 99% of the time, except when it was our turn in round 1.

The guy we pick was going to be a pro-bowl talent at minimum. He should be a first round consultant only.

• Pie 1