• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Outside Perspective on Bryce

TheCasillas

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

He left off apathetic.  Lol. 

We know what stage he is in. 
Me too. Have been since before the draft when it became clear he was going to be the pick. Based off of what I saw watching his college and pro day video, I felt very depressed.
Been hoping against reason for better outcome but this current state of things, or at least my perception of it, is not encouraging at all. 

14 hours ago, Smithers said:

My dad is a lifelong Eagles fan.  He interrupted my rant last night while texting during the game, reminding me just how bad Jalen Hurts was year 1.  That season, and even most of year 2, he was calling for Hurts to be benched.  Hurts learned and developed, and is now a top 10 QB.  I’m down on Bryce right now, but probably unfairly so.  

this is a really really good point. Bryce has the tools to be a very successful QB in this league. I can't believe I'm having to tell people to be patient

• Pie 4

22 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I have always liked Sherman as a speaker, and when I clicked this video I really expected Keyshawn to vouch for Bryce, and Sherman rip Bryce. However, it was the exact opposite. Keyshawn sounds like an absolute moron in my opinon in this video, he is still stuck on size... I guess he got the short end of the stick by the producers. His arugments are pretty flat and his supporting evidence is borderline made up.

We are all emotionally invested, so we have reactions and most of our's come from a place of anger... bc we hate to lose. Hearing Sherman's take as a modern defensive player was valuable for me and helped me get grounded this am. A good listen if you have the time.

Brady had a QBR of 4 and 24 against the Saints D?  WTF.  The Saints D is legit. 

Seahawks D is another story.

I just wanna say, this idea that Bryce is always calm and cool is a fantasy. Monday night, his face said calm and cool, but his actions were frustration, confusion and panic. He looked like me my first day of Basic Training. He even got behind the wrong lineman to begin one snap. 

It's okay. He's human, after all. But maybe not quite as brilliant as many made him out to be?

Anyway, I'm rooting for him. I hope he's as clever as we think. If so, he will adapt. 

22 hours ago, HarbingersDad said:

To be fair, he absolutely dropped a safeties panties on the ground on an incredibly important 3rd down run. That was a sweet move and Bryce looked to be scooting past the defense.

Just my opinion here, but it seems to me like he’s looking downfield too long (as weird as that sounds). When it’s time to jetpack and scramble he’s so well trained to keep his head downfield that he’s getting run down too easily. The problem is your receivers have to get open if you want to do that. And our WR group absolutely sucks right now. I’m pretty sure I could assemble a flag football team to blanket those guys. Watching replay today and most of them just stand still staring at Bryce when the play breaks down. Thielen is the only guy constantly working to get open. 

Now the little shoulder brush sack sucked. There’s no way around that. It just can’t happen. Bryce is going to have to be stronger than that. He also closed his eyes to throw during another sack. That can’t happen either. But ultimately I don’t think he’s Tom Brady level slow or anything; dude is just always trying to find something downfield at this point in his career. 

I thought he is hesitating to run too.  There were times he could have gotten yardage if he had just gone for it, instead he kind of waited a bit to see if he could find somebody.  As a first round pick, everything he does is under a microscope.  He'll learn.

• Pie 1