• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fighting at BOA…. A fan just died at Foxboro

TheBigKat

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

as if it were just here. i think  it's worse in Europe.

Oh for sure in Europe and even South America they'll kill ya over Soccer. There was a referee I read about some years back who players returned after the game because of a call they didn't like and beheaded him. Left his severed head on a pike. Insanity.

Edited by frankw

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh for sure in Europe and even South America they'll kill ya over Soccer. There was a referee I read about some years back who players returned after the game because of a call they didn't like and beheaded him. Left his severed head on a pike. Insanity.

GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

• Beer 1

I've been to 12 opposing stadiums and only witnessed 2 issues and both in Pennsylvania.  Live in a poo hole act like a shithole. The game against the steelers I went to an idiot knocked beer and food out of my hand that I had just spent 30 dollars on and told me the panthers sacked. We were like 2-10 and Jimmy Clausen was our qb. I was aware. Then I went with the RIOT to the eagles game. We minded our business the entire game.  Some guy got pissed bc they were losing and launched what I think was a Pepsi straight into one of our fans chest for no reason. Northern people are miserable.

• Pie 2

I think it is a combo of the Chuckie Cheese issue and adding booze to it. 

Some psychologists have broken down why you see all the Chuckie Cheese brawls.  Basically, you have people that have shelled out too much money and are stressed out.  They aren't even able to enjoy themselves in reality because they are deep down consumed with the cost at something that is supposed to be enjoyable. They become ticking timebombs. 

So take that, and add drinking all day to it. 

NFL games cost way too much.  Lower bowl for family of four?  Food and drinks.  Google that Sunday Funday bill.  Stadium is full of too many stressed out people spending money they don't have. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I've been to 12 opposing stadiums and only witnessed 2 issues and both in Pennsylvania.  Live in a poo hole act like a shithole. The game against the steelers I went to an idiot knocked beer and food out of my hand that I had just spent 30 dollars on and told me the panthers sacked. We were like 2-10 and Jimmy Clausen was our qb. I was aware. Then I went with the RIOT to the eagles game. We minded our business the entire game.  Some guy got pissed bc they were losing and launched what I think was a Pepsi straight into one of our fans chest for no reason. Northern people are miserable.

I was at the home Bears game that year, peppers’ first return to boa. Came out of the gift shop after the game and there was a pretty nasty fight between a bears fan and panthers fan

Night games make it worse with drinking 

more so for the visitors…they fly in…nothing to do all day but get drunk 

…was at a bar near tir ha Nog, years ago before a GB night game, believe it might’ve been the same night Smith broke his leg and crawled to the sidelines 

during that afternoon, some Green Bay yahoo, gets up in his chair and starts telling rape jokes 

no one stopped him, not the bar management nor where cops called   …and of course he was at the game … an extreme example but there are more of those than people realize 

I enjoy my Tito’s and bourbon …I’ve been plenty drunk in my life but never could I have behaved like that 

there need  more cops in sections and live video reviews / checks in the stands

in all my years of going, New Orleans, Patriots, GB and Pittsburgh are the worst. In that order 

… 

It's actually more common than people think when folks die to one punch.  There was a documentary either on youtube or Netflix or something I watched and there was a bunch on there talking about their regrets of taking another life with just a punch.  But like others pointed out, when you serve alcohol it's just bound to happen.  

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Night games make it worse with drinking 

more so for the visitors…they fly in…nothing to do all day but get drunk 

…was at a bar near tir ha Nog, years ago before a GB night game, believe it might’ve been the same night Smith broke his leg and crawled to the sidelines 

during that afternoon, some Green Bay yahoo, gets up in his chair and starts telling rape jokes 

no one stopped him, not the bar management nor where cops called   …and of course he was at the game … an extreme example but there are more of those than people realize 

I enjoy my Tito’s and bourbon …I’ve been plenty drunk in my life but never could I have behaved like that 

there need  more cops in sections and live video reviews / checks in the stands

in all my years of going, New Orleans, Patriots, GB and Pittsburgh are the worst. In that order 

… 

I did witness a Pat's fan launch a beer at kk short after we whipped their ass in Foxboro. That man deserved a beating.  People think they're entitled to act however they want with no repercussions and someone gets fed up. Most of the time the person getting punched has it coming

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

as if it were just here. i think  it's worse in Europe.

Yeah, supporters are segregated at soccer matches over here, and it can lead to a really tribal and aggressive atmosphere with law enforcement everywhere. I'm just back from Charlotte and Atlanta, and thought the mixing of supporters was a breath of fresh air, and I'd hate to see the NFL lose that. The NFL London games with all 32 jerseys on display is a brilliant atmosphere too. 

Sadly, there will always be ar5eholes that will spoil anything, and you're right that alcohol (or bevvy, as we call it here in Glasgow) is a huge aggravating factor. You can't have alcohol at a soccer match in Scotland, and I doubt we'll ever get it back (41 years now). Too many eejits (another good Glasgow word) that can't behave ruin it for the rest of us.