• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce DNP in practice 9-20-23

Samppson

48 minutes ago, SmittyCity said:

What's up with this team and all these mystery injuries that pop up randomly a few days after the game? 

Its football.  You think the Panthers are the only team this happens to?  Hell, Bryce coulda rolled his ankle getting out of the shower!  Who the hell really knows?

Y'all don't understand how badly I want to be wrong about all the red flags I had about Bryce. Obviously, the two weeks have done nothing to alleviate those concerns. But I will be patient. The Play calling, receivers and pass protection are definitely not great right now, so. We'll see...

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not concerned about any of that because it falls squarely on the shoulders of Scott Fitterer.  He is the architect of this mess and I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold. 

Oh, 100%

But it just sucks to know that this all felt so obvious to so many fans, that we gave up far too much value in the trade to take a player who was going to have to become the biggest outlier in the history of the NFL at the QB position to be successful.

We got fleeced, flat out, no way around it.  Again, even if Bryce ends up an above average, or even a pro bowl level QB, we still gave up far too much value for the risk we were taking on.

All we can do now is watch it unfold, but it unfortunately has sapped me of any optimism I have for this team for the next 2 seasons while we lose games and don't have our full compliment of picks to fix our issues with.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

lol at doing it after a 0 interception game

Young certainly could have had some INTs that game.   Got saved on that fumble too.  

just because they don’t happen doesn’t mean the bad play didn’t exist 

these guys around Bryce certainly don’t look ready to be grooming and developing an investment like Bryce.  This all looks like how you ruin a QB. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh, 100%

But it just sucks to know that this all felt so obvious to so many fans, that we gave up far too much value in the trade to take a player who was going to have to become the biggest outlier in the history of the NFL at the QB position to be successful.

We got fleeced, flat out, no way around it.  Again, even if Bryce ends up an above average, or even a pro bowl level QB, we still gave up far too much value for the risk we were taking on.

All we can do now is watch it unfold, but it unfortunately has sapped me of any optimism I have for this team for the next 2 seasons while we lose games and don't have our full compliment of picks to fix our issues with.

At this point the cost is irrelevant to me. I just want results or proof of life from all of this. So far it's been one contradictory decision after another with this group.  Nothing is working.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

At this point the cost is irrelevant to me. I just want results or proof of life from all of this. So far it's been one contradictory decision after another with this group.  Nothing is working.

Totally fair

I'm just a "what if" person in the back of my mind, and this entire season is going to be a bummer for me when with every loss I'll just be thinking, "what if we still had our first rounder next year and would be looking at Williams/Maye instead of having someone smaller than half the high school QB's out there"

That sack he took where he was barely touched but just doesn't have the body strength to fight through it was exactly a fear of his size in terms of on the field and not even injury concerns.  In today's NFL game, you can't have a QB who is sacked on plays like that, that's one that every other QB in the league would have shrugged off.

• Pie 1

They can’t tell you what play he hurt it.  That’s a little odd. 

and they will take their time getting it looked at. Instead of today, we will just have it looked at tomorrow.  Which will knock Bryce out of another day of practice.  

Then you certainly can’t start a rookie QB on the road in Seattle……on an already short week, missing 2 days of prep.  

I hope they do sit Bryce.  I don’t care the reason.  These folks are on a trajectory to ruin him as is.   

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Totally fair

I'm just a "what if" person in the back of my mind, and this entire season is going to be a bummer for me when with every loss I'll just be thinking, "what if we still had our first rounder next year and would be looking at Williams/Maye instead of having someone smaller than half the high school QB's out there"

That sack he took where he was barely touched but just doesn't have the body strength to fight through it was exactly a fear of his size in terms of on the field and not even injury concerns.  In today's NFL game, you can't have a QB who is sacked on plays like that, that's one that every other QB in the league would have shrugged off.

Well it sounds like you have a textbook case of valuing draft picks too much. Probably overlaps with a desire for having lots of cap space. 

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Totally fair

I got so sick of everyone constantly acting like his height was the big red flag with Bryce.  Sure, that's a big deal but my thing was he's just small in general. He looks like he could get sneezed on and go down. Then you start talking about 300lb guys falling on him numerous times a game...