• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mods can we get a handle on these threads???

WarPanthers89

9 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

How about I don’t support mediocrity and consistent losing lol. It breeds cynicism. The fan base is fed up. I’m going to continue to poo on the franchise until they get it together. Put me on ignore if it bothers you dude. Idc lol. 

To be fair I don’t really know who you are, so you weren’t someone I had in mind. 

2 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

If you think that Keep Pounding was just a gimmick that is along the lines of Rhule/Del Rio and not part of the team’s culture that’s been passed down for the last two decades, then I don’t know what to tell you.

You're saying things I didn't say at this point.  I didn't say anything about the last two decades.  Keep Pounding has definitely been part of the culture over that time span, without doubt.  I said, and this is in my opinion, that it's lost on this current roster.  There's no emotional connection to it for them.

Just now, Newtcase said:

You're saying things I didn't say at this point.  I didn't say anything about the last two decades.  Keep Pounding has definitely been part of the culture over that time span, without doubt.  I said, and this is in my opinion, that it's lost on this current roster.  There's no emotional connection to it for them.

Sure seemed like Tepper downplayed it with the intention of moving on from it but fan chants, etc. didn't stop so it still feels downplayed vs. the JR era but it's still there. I think if he could ever field a successful team for a season he'd proudly announce a new slogan to much chagrin but he's not going to kick that hornet nest while we suck.

• Pie 5

13 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

There's not a single player or coach on the team with an emotional connection to Keep Pounding,

...After six  years it should change to keep getting pounded. These have been lean years for us and its hard as hell to swallow. Until we hit on that mix of players and coaches its not going to change. Winning football is tough to achieve... Have we hit that mix yet?...I dunno...are we gonna get better...no time soon. I do know ATL and NO were ripe for the taking but we didn't capitalize for whatever reason. So get on some prozac and pull for your team...

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was starting to wonder where the "24 hour rule" went

If our franchise QB we just traded very significant assets to select misses an extended amount of time this season the huddle and the broader fanbase is going nuclear. And you're worried about 24 hours? How about just don't login here. We aren't responsible for this mess that's on Tepper and his front office.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've mentioned this in a couple of other places....

You've got some people who panic at the first sign of tough times whether it's warranted or not.

You've got others who love the attention they get when things are bad more than they actually do cheering for the team.

And then there's some who will continuously predict that everything's going to be bad whether it actually is or not, and then when they're right one time in ten years proclaim themselves geniuses.

All of these groups include people who love to be able to say "see, I said it first" if things continue to be bad. Said folks will typically disappear if things actually get better, or sometimes come back and claim they were just trolling.

Bottom line of course is devotion to ego and being able to say "I told you so".

None of these people are ever much fun to discuss football with, but they fit the modern sports talk landscape very well 🙄

It's not panic. It's recognizing that once again, we're taking steps in the wrong direction. Instead of going after one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL, the direction the NFL is clearly headed, we played it safe and chose Reich. We traded up to acquire the 1st pick and draft a QB that we hope is a unicorn of unicorns, the smallest physically to ever attempt to play the position in the modern NFL. Hurney 2.0, Rhule, Fitts in on every trade, The Process, the hail Mary at the QB position. I swear man it all feels like a bad dream, and as a fan, you get tired of being right so many times about how what this franchise is doing is wrong. 

I hope I'm wrong about BY and Reich, but I don't genuinely think I am. I want to experience what it feels like to be more than a one hit wonder as a lifelong Panthers fan. Under Tepper, I don't know if that will ever happen. He's Jerry Jones level of meddling, without any of the rings or a winning season. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's also a "we don't know what this is yet" camp.

(that's where my membership is)

I referenced a literary character by the name of Cottard in another thread. It's pretty clear to me we've got a few of those here.

2 games in (plus the preseason) this is a dumpster fire.  Could it change, sure, but right now it is what it is

• Beer 4

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure seemed like Tepper downplayed it with the intention of moving on from it but fan chants, etc. didn't stop so it still feels downplayed vs. the JR era but it's still there. I think if he could ever field a successful team for a season he'd proudly announce a new slogan to much chagrin but he's not going to kick that hornet nest while we suck.

Yeah, a few guys here eager to jump on me in defense of "Keep Pounding".  I am emotionally connected to it, and it does mean something to me as I'm sure it does many fans on this board.  I never said it was a gimmick.  The only point I'm making is NFL players are plucked from all over the country, the vast majority have never heard of Sam Mills until they get here.  While his story may be inspiring, if you weren't here for it then it's not much different than any other inspiring survivor story.  It's mostly a memory and a mantra for the fans that remember him at this point.  It's been pointed out that Frank and Dom shared office space with Sam when he was an active player there's also Dan Morgan.  I'll admit my oversight there as I'm sure those guys have fond memories of Sam.  Doesn't change my mind one bit about the average player on our roster though.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's not panic. It's recognizing that once again, we're taking steps in the wrong direction. Instead of going after one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL, the direction the NFL is clearly headed, we played it safe and chose Reich. We traded up to acquire the 1st pick and draft a QB that we hope is a unicorn of unicorns, the smallest physically to ever attempt to play the position in the modern NFL. Hurney 2.0, Rhule, Fitts in on every trade, The Process, the hail Mary at the QB position. I swear man it all feels like a bad dream, and as a fan, you get tired of being right so many times about how what this franchise is doing is wrong. 

I hope I'm wrong about BY and Reich, but I don't genuinely think I am. I want to experience what it feels like to be more than a one hit wonder as a lifelong Panthers fan. Under Tepper, I don't know if that will ever happen. He's Jerry Jones level of meddling, without any of the rings or a winning season. 

Still not sure about Young, his size and arm strength are concerning but hopefully he can overcome that.

I am pretty damn sure in what we have with Frank after his stint in indy and after a couple of games.

I am also pretty damn sure what we have in Tepper (and nicole) a very meddling owner that wants desperately to be involved

Even with the team not doing well, there should be less whininess in every freaking thread. This was always going to be a rebuilding year with all the new pieces. Those who are reasonable know this. It would be good if those posters didn't get pushed out because the inmates run the asylum. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

It really says something when the Tinderbox is less toxic than the main forum

7 winning seasons in 27 years hired an "all star staff" in the offseason led by our first offensive minded head coach. Then traded next years first DJ Moore and more to select Bryce Young at #1 despite concerns about his durability for his size and his physical traits and proceeded to hype him up as a shorter version of Peyton Manning. Only to look like poo in the preseason much like any other awful Panthers offense over the years despite people who think they know everything tell others it's only preseason we don't want to give anything away. Then start off 0-2 while Young becomes the lowest ranked QB in the league according to PFF and our offense looks as bad as it has in at least a decade. Now Bryce Young has an abrupt ankle injury that will apparently likely keep him out of just his third possible start as a pro. Did I miss anything? And you expect any fanbase let alone one such as ours that has seen so much losing and terrible circumstances to be sunshine and rainbows with this scenario?

Yeah Right Reaction GIF by Bounce