• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Video: TFG Breakdown

Bear Hands

This guy is good, he understands a lot of NFL concepts. Also, there's not much pre-analysis bs/he gets right to the point.  Good breakdown, shows he's processing but making some rookie mistakes.

Stuff to learn from.  Doesn't push me overly into pushy or complacent territory, but there's a bit for him to work on.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Really well done and thorough analysis. He showed the good and the bad. JT O’Sullivan didn’t show as many of the “negative” plays for Bryce. This guy does a better job of showing the whole picture. And the overall takeaway is still the same as JT’s: that Bryce has done a lot of good things and has been hampered by his situation. Yes, there’s still been some rookie bad too, but he hasn’t played all that poorly and a lot of the lack of production has come down to the circumstances of offensive architecture and the execution of his teammates.  I was already less doom and gloom than a lot of others here on the Huddle, but this video has me more optimistic for the future (even if I’m still overall pessimistic for this season). 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

To summarize this video, this guy shows where Bryce has certainly had his share of bad plays but how most of his two games have been spent throwing nothing but anticipation balls to coverd / quiting recivers. Talks about lack of play creativity and how Bryce can certainly still take easier plays that are there.

Mostly, he says and shows that Bryce is playing well above what the stats show, obviously. He also agrees with the team "resting" Bryce while they go to Seattle and learn a little more about how to run their offense. 

It was a good video with no Homer bias.

• Beer 1

I actually am concerned about him being able to see over the line. The first INT seems like one where he has self admittedly said he sometimes throws to the proper spot even if he can't see over the line. That must be the one that Reich took the blame for and said the safety "cheated". The next handful after that there are NFL open guys but he's not seeing them for one reason or another but most seem to require him being able to physically see them over the lineman. That or he's scared to throw in/across the middle after those picks

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I know it’s a general term, but reading/hearing “processing” is wearing thin. 

I’ve never heard it used this much for any other player.

At the end of the day, this is football; not rocket biology. 

Sir I’m going to need you to process the way we’re processing the process of one of the best processors 

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Cam's New Arm said:

To summarize this video, this guy shows where Bryce has certainly had his share of bad plays but how most of his two games have been spent throwing nothing but anticipation balls to coverd / quiting recivers. Talks about lack of play creativity and how Bryce can certainly still take easier plays that are there.

Mostly, he says and shows that Bryce is playing well above what the stats show, obviously. He also agrees with the team "resting" Bryce while they go to Seattle and learn a little more about how to run their offense. 

It was a good video with no Homer bias.

Processing

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I actually am concerned about him being able to see over the line. The first INT seems like one where he has self admittedly said he sometimes throws to the proper spot even if he can't see over the line. That must be the one that Reich took the blame for and said the safety "cheated". The next handful after that there are NFL open guys but he's not seeing them for one reason or another but most seem to require him being able to physically see them over the lineman. That or he's scared to throw in/across the middle after those picks

It had nothing to do with him seeing over the line.  More of the latter.  I think the safety not dropping back on the interceptions made him a little more hesitant to just pull the trigger on some throws.  But it was his first game in the NFL.