• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Video: TFG Breakdown

Bear Hands

- watching JT breakdown and this one provides good context on Bryce and the offense in general 

- Some of the highs for Bryce are throwing several passes with anticipation before the receiver breaks on the route - the 15-yard completion to Mingo and the two passes to Thielen over the left hash, both were incomplete. However, it shows that he's not just waiting to see guys open before he throws 

- the lows are adjusting to the speed and disguised coverages of NFL defenses (Jessie Bates INTs). As he gains more experience he will realize what he can and cannot get away with. 

- Ultimately what I would like to see is a strong finish to the season. To me, that would be the indicator of a coaching staff that has enhanced their players' strengths and mitigated their weaknesses and a QB that has learned from his early season mistakes. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

- Ultimately what I would like to see is a strong finish to the season. To me, that would be the indicator of a coaching staff that has enhanced their players' strengths and mitigated their weaknesses and a QB that has learned from his early season mistakes. 

This was always the goal. I think expectations changed as the season started because we want to see our team win games. This is a process that will take a year or 2 before we see real improvement in the wins column. New QB. New staff. New wide receivers. New RBs. New TEs. Bryce ain't THE problem. He's what we thought he was. But just like any QB in the NFL, he can't win plays or games by himself. 

I just don't see how Brown is gonna learn to OC if you don't let him call plays. Reich should give up play calling and let the entire team develop, coaches included. I think we're gonna see a different Panthers by like week 10-12 if everyone is given a real chance to develop. By then, we'll know who rides shotgun and who needs to take a backseat.  

• Pie 2

I might be more concerned about Jonathon Mingo going forward than Bryce tbh. The depth in which he runs his routes seem to be off more than not. Lacks any sort of explosiveness out of his breaks. He’s had a couple bad drops. 

People chalk crap up to being a rookie but this dude didn’t just start playing WR

And for the love of god throw the all hooks play in the damn garbage. That’s no something you can run when no one is scared of getting beat deep by our WR’s 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

And for the love of god throw the all hooks play in the damn garbage. That’s no something you can run when no one is scared of getting beat deep by our WR’s 

Agree! No one's biting on comebacks, curls, double moves, etc. when there's no fear of getting beat deep.

Maybe the Falcons and Saints just have really good secondaries, but they've been disrespectful with allowing Panther receivers to break their cushion. Total disregard for deep routes. Total. Heck our receivers can't even give good moves on the lateral routes either. If you don't have good straight line speed and you're not quick laterally, it's gonna be tough to beat guys in the NFL. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Agree! No one's biting on comebacks, curls, double moves, etc. when there's no fear of getting beat deep.

Maybe the Falcons and Saints just have really good secondaries, but they've been disrespectful with allowing Panther receivers to break their cushion. Total disregard for deep routes. Total. Heck our receivers can't even give good moves on the lateral routes either. If you don't have good straight line speed and you're not quick laterally, it's gonna be tough to beat guys in the NFL. 

Also need to run the ball if you want any success in rpo's or play action. We only ran like 16 times last week. Miles had 14 and Chuba only had 2 which is fuging stupid considering how the passing game was looking. The score was close enough for the first 3 quarters to run 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

All this over analyzing is a waste of time. Flat out the QB and team aren't getting it done. Bryce looks lost, too small and weak armed. All this other BS analysis is just ridiculous.  He may get it together at some point but many have their doubts. 

Then let's dumb it down. Bryce was brought in to be the PG of this offense. How can he be the PG when 1 in 3 drop backs features Z E R O open targets and Z E R O targetable windows? That to me combined with a few rookie mistakes is a scheme problem and the reason our offense and Bryce don't look very good, but by all means blame Bryce for not having virtually anywhere to go with the ball on over 35% of his drop backs (most in the NFL).

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

You can't really afford such a weak start to the season after pissing away the pre-season and laughing it off. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Then let's dumb it down. Bryce was brought in to be the PG of this offense. How can he be the PG when 1 in 3 drop backs features Z E R O open targets and Z E R O targetable windows? That to me combined with a few rookie mistakes is a scheme problem and the reason our offense and Bryce don't look very good, but by all means blame Bryce for not having virtually anywhere to go with the ball on over 35% of his drop backs (most in the NFL).

It’s just confirmation bias in most cases, combined with a little southern “bias” as well. 

29 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s just confirmation bias in most cases, combined with a little southern “bias” as well. 

Yooooo this is the biggest crock of poo I've seen on here in months. It was you and your boys who kept saying CJ was a mental midget and said nothing while his character was attacked.

Edited by frankw

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yooooo this is the biggest crock of poo I've seen on here in months. It was you and your boys who kept saying CJ was a mental midget and said nothing while his character was attacked.

You can’t find one single post of me saying anything negative about CJ. 

Im not super man, I can’t be everywhere defending black men at once. Calm down.