• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ffs start Dalton all season

RumHam

1 minute ago, Clicheking said:

Bench the rookie after two games........this fanbase man

Rookies struggle, period.  The main gripe I have with Reich is he named Bryce the starter too early.  The staff should have eased him in instead of feeding him to the wolves.  Frank and crew had no idea of how impatient this fan base is or else Dalton would have started the season.  Two games in and fans were calling for heads to roll.

With Dalton losing tonight and the team starting off 0-3, I'd rather let Bryce get as many snaps as he can this season. The more time that he gets with Mingo, the better since their contracts + draft status mean that we're likely seeing them here for the next 2 - 3 seasons.

Dalton looked much more comfortable than Young did, but that's to be expected with 160+ NFL starts under his belt to Bryce's two. If anything, this really exposed the sad truth: Frank Reich is the John Fox of offensive football. Conservative to a fault, and stubborn to boot.

Hopefully though, by nature of Tepper having him go outside of his usual circle, he's encouraged to let Thomas Brown take over. Might as well let the QB + OC take their licks this season. They're playing with house money now anyways; have fun with it!

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 6

Just now, Icege said:

With Dalton losing tonight and the team starting off 0-3, I'd rather let Bryce get as many snaps as he can this season. The more time that he gets with Mingo, the better since their contracts + draft status mean that we're likely seeing them here for the next 2 - 3 seasons.

Dalton looked much more comfortable than Young did, but that's to be expected with 160+ NFL starts under his belt to Bryce's two. If anything, this really exposed the sad truth: Frank Reich is the John Fox of offensive football. Conservative to a fault, and stubborn to boot.

Hopefully though, by nature of Tepper having him go outside of his usual circle, he's encouraged to let Thomas Brown take over. Mind as well let the QB + OC take their licks this season. They're playing with house money now anyways; have fun with it!

Honestly. Don't give a fug what they do anymore.

26 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

I think BY isn't ready either. He needs to bulk up some and get acclimated to the NFL. I honestly think he should sit the season out. It's def not gonna hurt him. He looked like a child out there the first 2 games. Either way I sorta feel like this experiment is gonna fail, so I'm not sure it matters. 

Problem is he can't grow six inches and gain 20 pounds....nor get more athletic magically. 

40 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Jordan love threw for 260 yds in a win today. I'm pretty sure Bryce had about 100 yds before the saints decided to run a terrible prevent defense to gift us a touchdown.

That’s bs did you see his stats before  Carr got hurt? He was in the dumpster and losing 17-0 but then Winston started doing 3 and outs. Any defense will eventually wear out

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

That’s bs did you see his stats before  Carr got hurt? He was in the dumpster and losing 17-0 but then Winston started doing 3 and outs. Any defense will eventually wear out

You can always count on people who ignore context and game flow and merely look at stats to have the loudest opinions 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

Even with his 250 yard he was 22 of 44. He hasn’t had a single game this year at 60% completions or better. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Even with his 250 yard he was 22 of 44. He hasn’t had a single game this year at 60% completions or better. 

And most of that was in the fourth quarter when Saints thought they could play bend don’t break and Jameis kept going 3 and out

28 minutes ago, Icege said:

Hopefully though, by nature of Tepper having him go outside of his usual circle, he's encouraged to let Thomas Brown take over. Might as well let the QB + OC take their licks this season. They're playing with house money now anyways; have fun with it!

Bryce would have been completely ruined if he played as the starter today.  Did you actually watch this game?  Little dude would be curled in a ball crying now.

Bryce was built to hold a clipboard in the NFL. Today proved that's his natural spot. 

This team is going to get ripped even more now and Young is going to be taking shots on and off the field going forward. How they handle the QB situation is going to interesting moving forward and I am not expecting them to handle it well. 

• Pie 1