• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr and Mrs Tepper won't be firing themselves and I doubt they'll sell... so what's your solution?

TheBigKat

Best advice would to be stop worrying so much about the owner. After hiring the GM (and in some cases, input on the HC), they’re removed from the process. The product on the field is up to the GM to get and keep the right players and the HC to get those players ready and manage the game.  If those two roles weren’t filled to your liking, then discuss who you think would be better and why. I personally think Fitterer has done fine, some misses and some hits, and it’s way too early to tell with Reich but I’m optimistic once he gives playcalling to Brown (which he said he would, just a matter of when.)

16 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

We have to be real, he's the owner for the foreseeable future and won't recuse himself or sell. So here's my only solution, we need a team President. 

When Mr. Richardson fired his sons, he hired a team president. We need a Danny Morrison, someone who knows football, real estate, local politics to help navigate the franchise and report back to the Teppers. Someone who can really pick a GM, help negotiate leases, etc. This way Mr. Tepper gets all the face time he wants but has hired someone who actually knows what the heck they are doing

download (1).jpeg

Maybe you should find Tepper's home address online and mail him a handwritten letter like you did with Jake Delhomme...

• Pie 1

I get the animosity towards Tepper as the Panthers have been a sh*t show since he bought the team. That being said, I do not see any indication he doesn't want a winning team. Tepper has spent money and made the effort to be successful.  Sadly he has not made good decisions, and hopefully the recent ones to bring in Reich, etc turn out well (not looking good so far).  But again, he has spent money and is doing what he thinks is right to be successful and since he is not going to sell the team so WHAT I WANT TO SEE is hopefully Tepper learns from all the mistakes and eventually gets it right.

16 hours ago, onmyown said:

The only thing he’s trying to do is take credit, if he ever learns to cleans up his own mess of things. That’s not trying.

yall really aren’t curious in the slightest why Tepper relies on his wife and customer service rep to help him and doesn’t actually hire football people?

Not curious why he can somehow look back at his legendary/historical failings as an owner and still want to call shots like he’s capable? Not at all?

it’s because he wants to be in the spotlight should he ever figure out how things work. His ego is too big. And losing no matter how long is of no concern. He can’t do that if he hires someone to run this properly and then has success. That would also be actually trying.

It is what is is, I'm excited;n love processing ,trust the process, Good times to be a Panther fan, pretty sure this our first 0-3 start in our existence!

8 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Tepper is smart enough to realize fans won’t keep going to games( the opposition will of course) if we continue to flop. I would be interested to know how many years Tepper is willing to give Reich to turn things around.

At least 2, my guess is 3

You can't fire him before the end of the second season, because if you do, it means Bryce has not been playing well and it probably would be tough to attract a quality HC candidate knowing they would be tied to a QB that just got their HC fired for at least a year.

Which is why my guess is 3, Reich picked his guy in Bryce, you have to give him a fair chance to see if you can turn him into a high end starter in this league.  Bryce would have to be worse than Zack Wilson has been before the end of next year for him to not be the slated starter in 2025.

If Bryce and Reich are bad enough through 3 years that they need to be fired/cut, then we'll have a high enough pick in 2026 to be able to attract a quality HC who would then get to pick his own QB.

Now having said all that, let's hope that never happens and Bryce becomes the player that this organization thought they were drafting.