• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you give a 3rd for Jerry Juedy?

Jaxel

I know we are against trading picks, but this guy is a proven WR, I dont think you could expect to get anything even close to him in the 3rd round. Only downside is the contract, but the benefit is that he is able to help right now and give Bryce another target, vs slogging through the remainder of this year. The big benefit of a rookie QB is being able to pay guys, so I wouldnt be opposed to giving them a 3rd and resigning him long term. Im not sure they want to give him up for a 3rd, its not like hes been a huge disappointment. 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

No.  Scott Fitterer should not be allowed to trade away any of our draft picks.   Next GM isn't going to have any and I feel the next GM has high odds of being here after this season is over. 

Generally I'd agree, but getting a known quantity for a 3rd round pick is a pretty safe move if it's actually on the table. Unlike giving up a 3rd rounder for C.J. Henderson, who hadn't shown much in Jacksonville and we acquired based on untapped potential.

I'm not as big a Jerry Juedy fan as some here, but he's a solid player and 3rd round picks are pretty overrated in terms of your chances of actually drafting an impact player.

51 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Generally I'd agree, but getting a known quantity for a 3rd round pick is a pretty safe move if it's actually on the table. Unlike giving up a 3rd rounder for C.J. Henderson, who hadn't shown much in Jacksonville and we acquired based on untapped potential.

I'm not as big a Jerry Juedy fan as some here, but he's a solid player and 3rd round picks are pretty overrated in terms of your chances of actually drafting an impact player.

Draft picks are still lotto tickets.  Always a chance to really hit on something special there.  Steve Smith was a 3rd round pick. 

You can find a Jerry caliber player in free agency and it doesn't cost a lotto ticket.  So why not go that route for that caliber of player.  Use lotto tickets to play the lotto.  Use free agency to get Jerry caliber players. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

No.  Scott Fitterer should not be allowed to trade away any of our draft picks.   Next GM isn't going to have any and I feel the next GM has high odds of being here after this season is over. 

100% agree. This roster isn't one or two players away, and a lot of that is on Fitterer.

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

You literally thought this team was a SB contender 4 weeks ago, quite the swing there

I should block you for lying on my name.smh

I said we were a contender to win the division. I thought we could beat anybody not named the Eagles or 49ers.

Never said we were a legit SB contender. Put some respect on my name!

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I should block you for lying on my name.smh

I said we were a contender to win the division. I thought we could beat anybody not named the Eagles or 49ers.

Never said we were a legit SB contender. Put some respect on my name!

LOL

my dude, you spent all summer talking about how this team was a contender and yelling at anyone who tried to tell you that we weren’t

Everyone here knows it, it’s not worth trying to lie about it hahahahahaha