• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Must win game

NAS

If Panthers don’t win this weekend we risk going 0-6 to start the season because we’re not beating the Lions or the Dolphins in the two weeks after that. If we beat the Vikings we can still lose against the Lions and Dolphins but win vs Texans and Colts amd Bears to be a respectable 4-5 heading into the second half of the season. 

if you’re 0-6 it becomes almost impossible to build any type of confidence.  Vikings is a must win game and a must break through performance for Bryce

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, NAS said:

If Panthers don’t win this weekend we risk going 0-6 to start the season because we’re not beating the Lions or the Dolphins in the two weeks after that. If we beat the Vikings we can still lose against the Lions and Dolphins but win vs Texans and Colts amd Bears to be a respectable 4-5 heading into the second half of the season. 

if you’re 0-6 it becomes almost impossible to build any type of confidence.  Vikings is a must win game and a must break through performance for Bryce

Lions started 0-6 last year and were able to build confidence.  Granted they have a good coach and good players 

• Pie 1

I actually trust our offense to put up 20 points this game. My fear is can our banged up defense stop the Vikes passing offense. Their run game is trash, but assume they're fixing to put up 400 yards through the air. I've told myself unless we get 2-3 turnovers however we can get them I expect to loose. My biggest fear of this season now is giving the Bears Williams or Maye(UNC fan so the Maye would hurt me). Really need Luvu at 100% and for Burns to be that $30million man he wants to be.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I actually trust our offense to put up 20 points this game. My fear is can our banged up defense stop the Vikes passing offense. Their run game is trash, but assume they're fixing to put up 400 yards through the air. I've told myself unless we get 2-3 turnovers however we can get them I expect to loose. My biggest fear of this season now is giving the Bears Williams or Maye(UNC fan so the Maye would hurt me). Really need Luvu at 100% and for Burns to be that $30million man he wants to be.

Maye has been real meh without Josh Downs. 

• Beer 1

First of all I'm all in on pulling for the Panthers to win each game this season. I want us to beat the Vikings and win out. However, this looks like the type of team that will lose to even bad teams like the Vikings early, and then beat a few bad teams late in the season. I see our wins coming against bad teams in the second half of the season. We'll have more of a clear identity by then, and Young will be playing more like a pro QB. Right now Young is playing, and I hate to say this, like he's scared. That should improve but it's going to take time. Young also has been confused by the defenses he's faced, but that too should improve. It's just too soon right now. I see a loss to the Vikings incoming, but if we played them toward the end of the season I think we'd win.

Edited by pantherj

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

If folks are predicting 0-6 and a lost season, do you think if we win this game it’s going to lead us to better than 1-5 and not be a lost season? 

I think this game is like the difference between us winning 3 games or 4. Something like that. All this season really has to offer is a few wins against bad teams. We have no 1st round pick, so I can't go into draft mode. It's all in on win this game or 0-17 is still in play. One of our few little pitiful rewards is possibly beating the poop Vikings. We got here through mismanagement, and we're not getting out this season. Just enjoy whatever you can and hope for the best.