• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikem Ekwonu's future on this team

Mage

1 minute ago, Brent Gregory said:

The best thing I can say about Ikem is he's a poor mans Michael Oher....

Extremely different players. There was a solid pass protector who was subpar as a run blocker. Ekwonu is a good run blocker who is average at best as a pass protector. If you could combine the best of both you'd have an All-Pro.

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

"Nope" what?  Rhule was up giving everyone high fives when Ekwonu fell to #6. The video made it very clear that Ekwonu was Rhule's guy. 

So, you're saying he wasn't? How do you know this? Did you talk to Rhule and Fitterer about the pick? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I read too much into Rhule giving everyone high fives and throwing a party in the War Room. 

Please, tell us what happened behind the scenes.

Nope as in nope I didn’t watch that. Relax dude. Are you trying to say Iky wasn’t scouted and considered our top tackle? Did Fitterer high five as well or did he sulk because he wanted someone else? Last year after Rhule was gone, Fittere got tons of kudos for the OL.

Everyone and their mother knew we wanted a tackle and there were 3 consistently at the top of mock drafts. I think everyone was happy that no tackles went before us.

Fitterer was in on all the picks while Rhule was here and was also since Rhule’s been gone. Our trade up for DJ this year was almost identical to Corral’s trade up. Trading away CMC and Moore for barely anything wasn’t on Rhule’s watch. Fitterer has been awful before and after. I’m fairly certain our entire staff was cool with Iky just like they all said they were 100% sure on Young and they all said playoffs are a possibility and we are building, not rebuilding.

Rhule’s gone. It’s the current staff where Iky is playing even worse and we appear to have taken a step back.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Well now that you mention that. We as Panthers fans have taken glee in watching Rhule look bad since we fired him. We did the same with Ron Rivera for a time. Then we came to the realization that all we've done since firing him is hire downgrades. Maybe it's time we worry about our own backyard so to speak. Matt Rhule was and stil is laughing all the way to the bank. The breadcrumbs of this disaster all lead to David Tepper.

I don't care if he has success or fails at his current job. For me personally I was just glad Rhule was gone. And once that happened, he ceased being on my mind.

But yeah, he's still laughing all the way to the bank and honestly, good for him.

Lets be real, he had glaring flaws when he was drafted. The hope was that he would eventually improve them and be the best tackle in the draft because he had the highest ceiling. Im not panicking on him because i do think he can be a really good guard in the league. The problem is finding another tackle if he doesn't improve. 

15 hours ago, Mage said:

I don't think I have ever lost faith in a player in a single play like I did there.

How do you let a 34 year old defensive back just destroy you on the most important play of the game?  I've never seen that happen to a franchise left tackle before

Is it time to start thinking he's not the answer?  He's sucked all year

He hasn't lived up to expectations has he. @nd year blues. We need to see what happens after next year to see how he does.