• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is fine. The Panthers are fine.

AceBoogie

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Again, they need to simplify it.  I get Young is supposed to be this human computer, but he's a rookie QB.  He SHOULD NOT be given the latitude he's getting right now.  You can rationalize it all you want to.  The end result is--it's NOT WORKING.  If calling two plays is causing delay of games, hurried snaps and less time for the rookie to read the defense, then SIMPLIFY it.  Continuously running into a brick wall is not going to make the brink wall move.

Sure he can probably execute this in practice in a 'no hit' jersey and with a mock pass rush against a defense he knows well, but on game day it looks bad.

I dont understand the notion of just give on somethign bc you arent perfect at it. This kid is getting so much experience week to week by being put in these situations. This is the poo that other rookie QBs dont do their first year, and start their second year in a system. The whole point of Bryce being what he was evltuated at pre-draft was that you can run these systems out the get go to speed up their development. 

Expecting perfection from a rookie is unfair to the mental health of the expectant. 

These are growing pains. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is no way you can watch the game today and think yeah man this kid fuging has it.   It’s too fast for him and his internal clock is way off.   But sure keep making excuses for him.  That works as well.  

do you have some examples that are worth discussing?

35 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

This was his best game. When was the last time we had a QB compete 19 straight? He needs better weapons and better protection. Give him those things and the offense will click. Have to be able to run the ball, too. 

It’s coming. We trading for Davonte Adams

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont understand the notion of just give on somethign bc you arent perfect at it. This kid is getting so much experience week to week by being put in these situations. This is the poo that other rookie QBs dont do their first year, and start their second year in a system. The whole point of Bryce being what he was evltuated at pre-draft was that you can run these systems out the get go to speed up their development. 

Expecting perfection from a rookie is unfair to the mental health of the expectant. 

These are growing pains. 

Growing pains indeed, but this was a home game and he was having trouble getting the plays off in time. Honestly there could have been at 3 or 4 more delay of games as the play clock hit zero when the ball was snapped. As I said in another post, Seattle last week with Bryce would have been atrocious.  He's a rookie and should be treated as such.  It's not an insult to simplify things for him.  I dare say Bryce may even be relieved to have some things taken off his plate right now.

45 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I havent given up on Bryce yet. Just fear we are giving Chicago Maye or Williams with our pick because i'm not sure if we can beat them.

Not trying to pick on you, but why does it matter? We don't have our pick anymore. Its gone. We aren't going to draft either of those guys.

You can argue we would have been in a position to draft them had we not traded the pick. How do we know that? It likely would have been Sam Darnold or another vet leading us to 5-6 wins and a top 8-10 pick.

27 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

He is holding onto the ball too long tho. He keeps trying to make a play when he just needs to throw it away asap if it's not there. It doesn't help we have no one who can stretch the field or create real separation, get yac, etc.

I think he’s holding onto the ball because the windows that do present themselves he doesn’t have the arm strength to fit it in them

I watched both AR and Stroud throw a couple seam today for big gains that Young simply doesn’t have the arm to do

Chark is fully capable of stretching the field. We saw BY horribly underthrow him today. BY’s arm strength is a massive concern

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is no way you can watch the game today and think yeah man this kid fuging has it.   It’s too fast for him and his internal clock is way off.   But sure keep making excuses for him.  That works as well.  

Panthers put him a situation to fail as a week 1 starter.  This isn’t an offense that works for what he is. 

Now you are starting to see the consequences of that IMO.  Now you are seeing him clutch and second guess himself.  It’s the start of ruining whatever potential he has. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He was fine today. If you can actually watch that game and come away thinking Bryce Young is the problem then you don't know enough about football to have an educated opinion.

I'm not saying it's a sure bet that Bryce becomes a star, but I am saying he is not being given a fair chance behind this OL, throwing to these receivers and running these junior varsity plays that Reich is calling.

And despite that he had a solid game today. You guys are being WAY too hard on him, presumably because you'd rather be right about your pre-draft opinion of him than see him succeed.

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

He was fine today. If you can actually watch that game and come away thinking Bryce Young is the problem then you don't know enough about football to have an educated opinion.

I'm not saying it's a sure bet that Bryce becomes a star, but I am saying he is not being given a fair chance behind this OL, throwing to these receivers and running these junior varsity plays that Reich is calling.

And despite that he had a solid game today. You guys are being WAY too hard on him, presumably because you'd rather be right about your pre-draft opinion of him than see him succeed.

He needs to be better then fine