• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Defenders vs Bryce Defenders, maybe a pattern?

RumHam

I am immensely grateful for what Cam Newton did for our franchise in terms of changing the culture his willingness to put himself on the line to score his undeniable value to the team and for putting up with a great deal of hate from the media and some of his own fans. I do think he's unable to accept the fact he just isn't physically the same anymore. It sucks in his shoes I would likely have the same struggle. But time is undefeated against us all.

Anywho I've noticed that a small number of Bryce Young fanatics try hard to draw parallels with the anti Cam racists and any current Bryce Young criticism and I cannot laugh at it hard enough. These same frauds had jack poo to say about CJ Stroud facing some of the same thinly veiled stereotypes that were directed at Cam Newton before he was drafted. They can kindly have several seats.

Cam needed to be defended because the media parroted the “thug” narrative out do the gate, and during his career they would always exclude his rushing stats to make him look bad.

Naturally, football “fans” would parrot these things too, including that he only had one good season…smh.

And Cam’s personality made him a “love him on your team, hate him on the opponent” kind of guy.

My dad’s generation always called him a sore loser too. 

I always liked that about Cam though. 

Bryce so far is the polar opposite if Cam in nearly every way. 

So this Cam defender is not a Bryce defender. Bryce was crowned before taking a snap, and now isn’t meeting expectations. It’s not all his fault, but until he produces or shows something worthy of his draft status, I’m not running to coddle him more. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I supported Jimmy Clausen. I actually wanted us to draft AJ Green to give him some help. 

If we draft a young QB to be our future then I’m always all in. So much could happen in those first few years that there’s no point of ripping them apart every chance you get. Just enjoy the process. If you look for faults you’ll find faults. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, frankw said:

I am immensely grateful for what Cam Newton did for our franchise in terms of changing the culture his willingness to put himself on the line to score his undeniable value to the team and for putting up with a great deal of hate from the media and some of his own fans. I do think he's unable to accept the fact he just isn't physically the same anymore. It sucks in his shoes I would likely have the same struggle. But time is undefeated against us all.

Anywho I've noticed that a small number of Bryce Young fanatics try hard to draw parallels with the anti Cam racists and any current Bryce Young criticism and I cannot laugh at it hard enough. These same frauds had jack poo to say about CJ Stroud facing some of the same thinly veiled stereotypes that were directed at Cam Newton before he was drafted. They can kindly have several seats.

You’re wrong. But whatever makes you feel better 

I've noticed a big pattern, but it's greater socially that just the Panthers.  It's called "butthurtedness."  Basically, when an individual thinks they they are completely right because they've done their own research, and people who do the job professionally (GMs and NFL coaches) don't do what they want, the individual develops a severe case of butthurtedness.  Some cases can be mild and clear on their own after the drinking stops.  Other times, it leads people to being complete jackasses on the internet and family dinners.

The Panthers are 0-4.  We were told this was a team that was built to compete.  We're let down.  That's less than ideal as an understater would understate.  Ultimately, it's up to the Panthers to get their poo together and do some winning.

As a really smart sports ball person said once (and others have repeated): "winning cures all."  So it's up to the team to go out and win or a bunch of those highly paid coaches are going to be looking for work.

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, frankw said:

So why weren't you high on CJ Stroud? Was he not enough of a leader like Bryce Young? Just admit you fell for the media driven narrative.

You don’t remember me in here screaming “don’t be proud tank for Stroud” do you?

I was high on both QBs. Stroud to me was always going to be the easier transition, but if you watched Bryce at Bama he just looked special. Would have been more than thrilled with Stroud. 

I did not want Levis or Richardson. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You don’t remember me in here screaming “don’t be proud tank for Stroud” do you?

I was high on both QBs. Stroud to me was always going to be the easier transition, but if you watched Bryce at Bama he just looked special. Would have been more than thrilled with Stroud. 

I did not want Levis or Richardson. 

Idk what changed for you then. CJ was the same guy then as he is now. Their stories are yet to be fully written but it would be very Carolina Panthers of us to have taken the lesser of the two. We talked a lot of poo about Marty Hurney and he deserves it but he does get some credit for having the stones to draft Cam Newton with a relic like Jerry Richardson in the background. But. To one of the few moments to JR's credit he didn't meddle in that moment like Dave. He let his general manager make the call.

Edited by frankw

13 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Cam needed to be defended because the media parroted the “thug” narrative out do the gate, and during his career they would always exclude his rushing stats to make him look bad.

Naturally, football “fans” would parrot these things too, including that he only had one good season…smh.

And Cam’s personality made him a “love him on your team, hate him on the opponent” kind of guy.

My dad’s generation always called him a sore loser too. 

I always liked that about Cam though. 

Bryce so far is the polar opposite if Cam in nearly every way. 

So this Cam defender is not a Bryce defender. Bryce was crowned before taking a snap, and now isn’t meeting expectations. It’s not all his fault, but until he produces or shows something worthy of his draft status, I’m not running to coddle him more. 

Man I wish we had sore losers on this team. It seems the players have accepted losing!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

i have a blue, white, and black cam jersey. i was and continue to be an abject defender of cam. BUT...

And there it is... they always ALWAYS give themselves away.

18 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

btw, cam routinely threw for less than 200 yards and had multiple interception games long before his injuries.

Cam had a head coach and OC for most of his career in Carolina who believed that the forward pass was a dangerous innovation and were fully convinced that the 2010's NFL was the same as the 1950's NFL.

Cam had multiple passing games under 200 yards.

SHOCKING.

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

And there it is... they always ALWAYS give themselves away.

Cam had a head coach and OC for most of his career in Carolina who believed that the forward pass was a dangerous innovation and were fully convinced that the 2010's NFL was the same as the 1950's NFL.

Cam had multiple passing games under 200 yards.

SHOCKING.

tHeY aLwAyZzzzz gIve tHeMsElVeS aWaYyyy. You’re late to the party dude and you might want to look at my post history before blindly throwing that statement around. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Poo 1