• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aight.... I'm excited hearing this Reich might get canned talk.... Who's your head coach target?

TheBigKat

6 hours ago, X-Clown said:

I think we are probably getting ahead of ourselves with thinking that Reich is gone this early. But I'll play along and throw out a name that interested me during the last cycle that I think is going to be a popular choice in this cycle and that is Shane Waldron, the OC of Seattle. 

A young offensive mind that has worked under Belichick and McVay and since becoming OC has managed to resurrect the career of Geno Smith who everyone believed was just going to drive Seattle to tank for a QB. They lost in Week one to the Rams when both of their starting tackles got hurt, but then I believe they played without both of them at the Lions in Week 2 and put up 30 points on offense and beat what seems to be one of the more complete teams in the NFC. Drew Lock managed to even look functional in limited action (the only other time that happened was when he played against Rhule and co. in 2020). 

I'd be good with Ben Johnson, but he already spurned us once. Bienemy would also be near the top of my want list too. 

fug it how bout mcvay what's that take trading 

Frank needs to sit down with this trash offense and let Thomas Brown have a legit shot at running the show. If Frank doesn’t want to relinquish play calling duties you have to fire him.

Then you promote Evero who is HC material and let Brown do what he can with the offense.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

The defense has been really solid, especially considering the injuries it's had to deal with. The run D has been suspect, but overall I think Evero has done a good job.

It has been solid in comparison to our offense.

It holds up well through the first half, but gets completely gassed in the second half. 

Here's the thing.... If Reich is fired, we cannot hire a permanent until after the season.  The only real options would be to promote either Evero or Brown.  IF Evero saw this as an opportunity, and was basically promised the job (Violation of the Rooney Rule BTW) he would be the logical choice.  What Frank lacks is fire and demanding leadership.  Wilks would have these guys ready to run through a wall, and made sure his staff was adequately prepared.  He then let his coordinators cook on their own.

The issue with hiring an offensive guru as the HC is that he will want to focus on  play calling and be derelict to the CEO aspect of a HC.  Frankly, pun intended, I feel that is the case here.  Frank is overwhelmed and cannot fully perform the functions of his job fully.  The idea of collaboration is great in the business world, but even then, you need a leader to make decisions to achieve action items rather than just mire around in the brainstorming/sharing portion of the process.

These players need to be led period.  Frank's inability to acknowledge his way is not currently successful and refusal to adapt has resulted in players on the team not accepting his leadership on offense.  Evero has that mentality to lead, you can see the influence of his military upbringing in how he carries himself and how he prepares himself and the defense.

Cam need to come back and give the old pig and chicken speech to the offense.

16 hours ago, CmC2k said:

Admit you made the mistake Tepper and hire Wilks for the full-time gig. We all got caught up in wanting the guy who's great with the x's and o's but lost sight of if this person can effectively be the leader of a football team. While Reich might be a good play designer his play calling in games and his lack of leadership are not looking good so far. You can just feel the vibe is to laid back and that's a representation of Reich's leadership. Just go back to last year and you can just feel how deeply the players wanted to play good for Wilks.

Speak for yourself, I was begging for Wilks and got poo posted into oblivion.