• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let it really sink in...

Proudiddy

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I know, we have 100 different variations of this thread here on the huddle...  but, I have to say it.

We really traded CMC, DJ, and two firsts within a year, moved up to the #1 pick and despite drafting the guy "we" wanted there, we go on to be the worst team in the league and give up the first overall pick the next draft as a result.  We could not have gambled any worse.  There is losing and then there is LOSING, and we redefined it with this last year of moves and it's gonna take several years to dig ourselves out of this hole, if it's even possible.

What will really cook your noodle, is if Fields works out and they have the #1 from us..... they can trade it for 3 firsts easily. If fields doesn't work out, they can get either Williams or Maye plus MHJ. 😒

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, TimeTravelingTepper said:

Time is all relative. I'm in Jacksonville on my way in to the Panthers/Jaguars game now. Super nice day here. Excited to see what Cam does this season after putting great numbers his first few season.

Our defense is stacked this year. I'm really liking what Sean McDermott has these guys doing. Having Luke, Thomas Davis, Josh Normam, Short, and others have me feeling pretty good. We'll see.

Got some extra seats here. Grab one if you want. DMT is right over there. Traverse that 5th dimension, the football here is worth it...

Now I am highly depressed, and also experiencing derealization 

5 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Its honestly impressive. You have to work 24/7 to fug a team up this bad. I honestly think that Tepper and co are trying to destroy the team so they can move out of the Carolinas without a fuss.

It's  a more comforting thought that it's intentional but it isn't. This is the result of trying really hard to win. That's the scary part.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Its honestly impressive. You have to work 24/7 to fug a team up this bad. I honestly think that Tepper and co are trying to destroy the team so they can move out of the Carolinas without a fuss.

I think you're giving them far too much credit. I just think they're wildly incompetent.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I know, we have 100 different variations of this thread here on the huddle...  but, I have to say it.

We really traded CMC, DJ, and two firsts within a year, moved up to the #1 pick and despite drafting the guy "we" wanted there, we go on to be the worst team in the league and give up the first overall pick the next draft as a result.  We could not have gambled any worse.  There is losing and then there is LOSING, and we redefined it with this last year of moves and it's gonna take several years to dig ourselves out of this hole, if it's even possible.

wow.... that's a completely new perspective on things.....  You Know It Good Job GIF by Curious Pavel

It's not the 1st time that a team has picked a bust after spending a bunch of assets to do it. There will be better days, and we will all be there for those. That said, it's not good now, and won't be for a while. I am a non-practicing Catholic, and the Panthers are in the same boat, and have been really for the last few years. I still enjoy watching and following the sport, I just separate my Panthers allegiance out of all that, and can then still get enjoyment out of the NFL, without the experience being ruined by the idiocy that is present in the Panthers.

• Pie 1

It’s legit at the stage of you borrowed millions from the mob for a Roulette bet. You bet everything on red and it went black. Now you’re better off abandoning your wife and two kids, moving to a rural town in New Mexico, changing your name, hair color and appearance and starting a new family as a 49ers fan.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

I don't know if you could have planned it to go any worse for this team than what is taking place right now. Literally everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.  The odds of that are mind blowing.  Something has to go right for once, it has to, the odds dictate it. I'm just as perplexed as anyone on here. There's some bad juju in the building I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't know if you could have planned it to go any worse for this team than what is taking place right now. Literally everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.  The odds of that are mind blowing.  Something has to go right for once, it has to, the odds dictate it. I'm just as perplexed as anyone on here. There's some bad juju in the building I'm afraid. 

None of this looks like it has anything to do with luck. It's a competence issue and it starts with ownership. They built this all willingly.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

None of this looks like it has anything to do with luck. It's a competence issue and it starts with ownership. They built this all willingly.

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that this staff is all of a sudden incompetent.  I'm not buying that ALL OF THEM has suddenly forgotten how to coach.  Something isn't right and it's more than limited talent and bad coaching.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that this staff is all of a sudden incompetent.  I'm not buying that ALL OF THEM has suddenly forgotten how to coach.  Something isn't right and it's more than limited talent and bad coaching.  

I think it starts with Tepper, he wants “yes” men that will follow his lead.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

If that was the plan it worked. Take em maybe we can get the jags or something