• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Didn't Ask For This

Captroop

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

This is true. He had a hard on for Young long before the trade up.

With Tepper/Nicole being the true GM we are never going to get any better or have a great HC.

Any idiot could see you dont take an undersized QB with a average Arm and agility at #1 after trading away assets for the pick, you take the guy with the highest upside. 

Young could still be good, but it will take the perfect situation, he cant elevate the guys around him, especially with terrible OL play.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Disaster said:

He is a professional Athlete getting paid millions.  He needs to do his job and lead this team, whoever they are, to the best of his ability.  We drafted BY because what we thought he was... cerebral, a leader, etc.... BY in addition to poor play has not shown real leadership or any trait we thought was worth the 1st pick in the draft.  Where is the fire in his belly??  Where has he showed real emotion in the huddle, on the side lines, in press conference???  Haven't seen it.  I hated the pick but the love the panthers, so I do want him to succeed but damn people tired of the excuses.  Just show us something....anything.  Or lets give him a participation trophy cause he shows up cause that's what we do nowadays.

You know, I meant to make that a sub-paragraph under the post, but totally spaced on it:

I believe the reason that we're not seeing the leadership out of Bryce is a result of the coaches trying to cover their asses.

I look at Bryce, and I see a teacher's pet who's getting special treatment, and I think the rest of the team sees that and resents Bryce for it.

I see them holding Bryce out for a phantom injury, and it was pretty damning footage when you saw Bryce coming into practice, lock step with Josh McCown, and none of the players seemed glad to see him.

I see Reich taking the blame publicly for "calling a play for Thielen when Thielen wasn't on the field," and everyone questioning, why the hell would he admit to that? To me, it looks like a coach taking the fall to cover for a rookie clock management mistake. I know I've seen that in the workplace where a manager took the fall for their pet, and it sure looked like that to me.

And all that goes back to the post above. The coaches feel like they HAVE to shelter Bryce and HAVE to cover for him, because investing the world in him was their call, and they need to save face rather than let Bryce take the lumps.

As a result, I don't think we're seeing the leadership, because right now, the players don't see a leader. They see a teacher's pet.

Bryce needs to make mistakes, and take the blame in order to earn the respect of the locker room. The coaches coddling him only makes that process harder.

• Flames 1

He actually did ask for basically all of it unless all of the off season reports were lies.

He wanted to be the number one overall pick. He wanted more to be put on his plate to the point where he was helping to lead offensive team meetings (again, according to reports)

Gtfoh with this coddling bullshit.

• Flames 3

I feel bad for the die- hard fans that have to endure this sh'tshow year after year. If he doesn't pan out, he will land a gig as a college football commentator and be sitting on million's of dollars in the bank from his rookie contract.

I shed no tears for people that make/made a multi million dollar living out of playing a game.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is true. He had a hard on for Young long before the trade up.

Correct and this is why I think it was the Tepper’s that pushed for the trade up to get him. 
again, we have a meddling owner, despite what he says I don’t believe him.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

You know, I meant to make that a sub-paragraph under the post, but totally spaced on it:

I believe the reason that we're not seeing the leadership out of Bryce is a result of the coaches trying to cover their asses.

I look at Bryce, and I see a teacher's pet who's getting special treatment, and I think the rest of the team sees that and resents Bryce for it.

I see them holding Bryce out for a phantom injury, and it was pretty damning footage when you saw Bryce coming into practice, lock step with Josh McCown, and none of the players seemed glad to see him.

I see Reich taking the blame publicly for "calling a play for Thielen when Thielen wasn't on the field," and everyone questioning, why the hell would he admit to that? To me, it looks like a coach taking the fall to cover for a rookie clock management mistake. I know I've seen that in the workplace where a manager took the fall for their pet, and it sure looked like that to me.

And all that goes back to the post above. The coaches feel like they HAVE to shelter Bryce and HAVE to cover for him, because investing the world in him was their call, and they need to save face rather than let Bryce take the lumps.

As a result, I don't think we're seeing the leadership, because right now, the players don't see a leader. They see a teacher's pet.

Bryce needs to make mistakes, and take the blame in order to earn the respect of the locker room. The coaches coddling him only makes that process harder.

I agree to some extent with the coaches but a coach can only utilize what he is working with.  Go back and look what Cam said to coaches his rookie season.  He challenged them and took control of the locker room.  Bryce hasn't.  He needs to.  Step up it's his team.  Make all the mistakes he has already but show some fire and leadership and I feel a lot better about it.