• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich: Panthers owner David Tepper wants a winner, he wants it now

Bluetooth

4 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Call me crazy, but I will take an owner who actually cares about winning football games. Tepper is learning as he goes, but he is involved, not afraid to pay top dollar for coaches.  Does he have his faults. sure. It could be worse IMO. We could have an owner who didn't really give a crap. IDK just spit balling here. 

I can agree with this. At least our off seasons are entertaining. Ha

29 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Panthers hired a senile old man as head coach. LMMMMAOOO

I mean if you look at our president, It's the American thing to do, you must be foreign to our ways round herre

we listen to our elders even when they can't hear us

it makes better sense if you see The Chiefs(we really don't use their imports anymore like talking about it:Smith-Marsette) like China and the 49ers(We sent CMC to Ukraine) like Russia...The Eagles are Hamas rn....

We really the strongest team in the NFL, we just don't want to overpower the League rn

Edited by Bluetooth

28 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Yeah so…. I think it’s becoming very clear that Frank did not want Bryce and it’s sounding like Tepper is saying I don’t care find a way to make it work or else.

What? Sorry, but that article says nothing other than Tepper isn’t sitting back and saying nothing as we are about to go 0-6. It says nothing about Young at all. There have been articles quoting Frank and Fitt talking about how both of them agreed before their evaluations and after that Young was their guy with no mentions of Tepper.

I’m sure it’s not fun for Frank to explain how shitty they are because Tepper, rightly so, watched Wilks go 6-6 and after trading away the farm we look way worse. I think Tepper is very involved but I don’t get why people think he’s making the calls when we’ve got past examples of him not getting his way (Fields) and tons of articles about Frank and Scott’s love fest for Young. I mean we were fed the decades of QB development on our all star staff and fed all the stuff about Young being so far ahead. Just because Tepper regurgitated the point guard story that either Frank or Scott told him, doesn’t mean Tepper ran the QB evaluations. That story felt like a 100% exactly what Tepper heard when he likely asked are you sure we should trade DJ Moore. If I was an owner who watched CMC flourish and get to the NFC Championship, I would absolutely ask why we were including DJ Moore. 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Panthers hired a senile old man as head coach. LMMMMAOOO

Yeah, I’m not getting the Reich wants to get fired and didn’t want Young BS. The dude didn’t know Theilen wasn’t on the field and said there was a miscommunication that led to TMJ not playing at all. WTF? Reich said we should be going for the playoffs and said he wanted Young. Now he’s some sort of savant who’s trying to trick Tepper into firing him.

I’ve watched the games and Young is a rookie, but at no point have I felt like Reich is a good coach. I wasn’t a fan of Rivera because there were some things he didn’t do well and he counted on his players to bail him out too much and the lack of preparation hurt us in the SB. That said, his teams never looked this bad and it wasn’t until Cam was clearly hurt and Ron was on the hot seat that his teams quit. We are 5 games in and this team barely feels like they care.

I want Tepper to rip Reich a new one. I hope Frank isn't having any peace or fun. If I were getting millions and working 60 hours a week I'd know the middle names of every player on the roster, and what they had for breakfast. There wouldn't be any "I forgot about that player." Oh "I didn't know that player wasn't on the field." Now I don't want Tepper messing with roster building or the draft, but yes rip Reich. And then go after Fitt as well. I don't want them having a good time because I'm not having a good time. The fans are not having fun, so go get his ass Tepper, crazy corporate shark style.

• Pie 4

43 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Call me crazy, but I will take an owner who actually cares about winning football games. Tepper is learning as he goes, but he is involved, not afraid to pay top dollar for coaches.  Does he have his faults. sure. It could be worse IMO. We could have an owner who didn't really give a crap. IDK just spit balling here. 

That's why I believe that he'll eventually get it right. Don't know how long that's gonna take, but you can't hit a home run if you never take a swing. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

There's a world of a difference between an owner who is engaged and cares about winning and an owner who is an egomaniac and struggles to remove himself from the process. There's a reason David Tepper and Matt Rhule hit it off so well when they first met. Both are immensely ego driven and controlling.