• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The issue with the team is Tepper…

Doc Holiday

I really dislike Tepper but is he also forcing the playcalling?

Also sounds like Frank signed up for the same thing he was running from in Indy? That is freaking crazy to me.

All of this reaks but I love that they are already getting away from the BS they were selling about what went down and getting to how this all went so sideways. This isn't going to drag out over years at this rate, not as the worst team and no #1 pick. Tepper will always be Tepper but he looks set up to take a beating publicly now and if at the end he let's people do their job then it is beyond worth all the BS.

• Pie 1

I’m not about to defend Tepper, but this idea that Tepper “chose” Bryce just feels insane to me. Just like a far out conspiracy theory people are using to validate their preconceived opinions about this owner.

I have a long list of grievances with Tepper, but he’s said more than once he leaves drafting/free agency up to his football guys. I remember that look into the war room after the 2021 draft we even got league-wide praise for how clean our process appeared. Tepper was in the building but it seemed evident he stayed out of the way when we were on the clock. And there were plenty of rumors that he would have liked Justin Fields but ultimately left the decision up to his GM/coach.

Our best writers did a great job of covering the QB selection process this past spring, and not once did any of them ever suggest that this would ultimately be Tepper’s decision. There are loads of articles about how we scouted all of these quarterbacks and ultimately landed on Bryce. Spoiler: None of them at the time ever said it was because it was the owners choice.

I think McCown definitely wanted Stroud, but Reich and Fitt were in unison that Bryce was QB1.

We’re just trying to find excuses as to why we are 0-5 and potentially selected the wrong quarterback. 

Edited by FuFuLamePoo
  • Pie 9

10 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I’m not about to defend Tepper, but this idea that Tepper “chose” Bryce just feels insane to me. Just like a far out conspiracy theory people are using to validate their preconceived opinions about this owner.

I have a long list of grievances with Tepper, but he’s said more than once he leaves drafting/free agency up to his football guys. I remember that look into the war room after the 2021 draft we even got league-wide praise for how clean our process appeared. Tepper was in the building but it seemed evident he stayed out of the way when we were on the clock. And there were plenty of rumors that he would have liked Justin Fields but ultimately left the decision up to his GM/coach.

Our best writers did a great job of covering the QB selection process this past spring, and not once did any of them ever suggest that this would ultimately be Tepper’s decision. There are loads of articles about how we scouted all of these quarterbacks and ultimately landed on Bryce. Spoiler: None of them at the time ever said it was because it was the owners choice.

I think McCown definitely wanted Stroud, but Reich and Fitt were in unison that Bryce was QB1.

We’re just trying to find excuses as to why we are 0-5 and potentially selected the wrong quarterback. 

Didn't Dan say that 'reports are emerging'? If so then it stops being theoretical or a conspiracy theroy and possibly reality.

Tepper’s impatience and resulting desperation are the reasons we’re in this mess.  The dizzying quarterback carousel we’ve had to endure since he took over is squarely on his shoulders and now a promising young QB will potentially be ruined due to lack of roster talent and incompetence. I have a feeling this rapidly spiraling season is what it will have to take for him to learn the hard way - trust the people you hire to make football decisions and back off.

Edited by Prowler2k18

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Didn't Dan say that 'reports are emerging'? If so then it stops being theoretical or a conspiracy theroy and possibly reality.

I been trying to tell people that the scouting staff and coaching staff wanted someone not named Bryce Young. It was Tepper, then Tepper and then Tepper again. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Tepper’s impatience and resulting desperation are the reasons we’re in this mess.  The dizzying quarterback carousel we’ve had to endure since he took over us sisterly on his shoulders and now what should be a promising young QB will potentially be ruined due to lack of talent and incompetence. I have a feeling this rapidly spiraling season is what it will have to take for him to learn the hard way - trust the people you hire to make football decisions and back off.

How about this: He purchased the team to 1) Be an NFL owner and 2) Be hands on in putting together a roster. Like, a real life fantasy team. "I'm involved. That's what I bought the team to do. Be hands on. What's the point of owning a team if I can't run the team?"

Sadly, in my opinion, that's what we've got. An owner who WANTS to be intimately involved. He wants to win, yes. But he wants to win his way. Which means he is involved in putting together the team.

Just a bad feeling here that he ain't backing off...no matter how much they lose. An attitude of: "If I'm not involved, why own the team?"

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2