• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agent 89 does it again

NAS

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably so. But 3 catches for 14 yards after getting in a spot with an announcer and being publicly called out on national TV by that announcer for being a JAG highlights the difference between Smitty and Jeudy. Smitty would've gone full blood and guts on the Chiefs after that.

The Fred Smoot game comes to mind.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

This is the guy several of yall wanted to trade for a week or two ago. 

Let's not get an 89 roast confused with discussion about acquiring Jeudy. 

For me, it's always about value and setting realistic expectations. Jeudy is not a one---certainly hasn't proven it---but he's still a talented guy. Admittedly, I didn't realize the depth of the baggage, but still...

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I don't want him anyway. We need someone much better. Fitt has bigger fish to fry. Who am I kidding Fitt will bring us trash.

Honestly, there's no one definitively "better" to get, at least not any that I want to pay for. I'm choosing my day one and  day two draft picks before I'm paying for any receiver that's out there and suspected to be on the trade block.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, there's no one definitively "better" to get, at least not any that I want to pay for. I'm choosing my day one and  day two draft picks before I'm paying for any receiver that's out there and suspected to be on the trade block.

Yeah I don't mean get one right now.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Smitty probably will get suspended for this action. As much as it was entertaining, that was just a unprofessional move. Imagine Rich Eisen saying this to a current player. Smitty needs to chill out.

You don't hire Smitty if this isn't what you're wanting. They gotta do something to get eyes on Thursday Night Football because the games consistently suck.

They were probably licking their chops to get Mahomes against a D that had already surrendered a 70 burger this year and they got 27 points. Total. Combined. Thursday Night Football just sucks.

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You don't hire Smitty if this isn't what you're wanting. They gotta do something to get eyes on Thursday Night Football because the games consistently suck.

They were probably licking their chops to get Mahomes against a D that had already surrendered a 70 burger this year and they got 27 points. Total. Combined. Thursday Night Football just sucks.

TNF sucks because NFL games are not meant to be played on a Thursday night. The sad part Amazon is making profit so these Thursday games will be around even if most think the games suck.

People love football it is what it is.

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Smitty probably will get suspended for this action. As much as it was entertaining, that was just a unprofessional move. Imagine Rich Eisen saying this to a current player. Smitty needs to chill out.

Come on, man. If he wants to call Jeudy JAG, that's totally acceptable. Some of y'all are taking this way out of context and way too seriously. Smitty's job is to analyze and that's exactly what he did (albeit in a creative way that did not skirt the line).

8 hours ago, jtm said:

How would Smitty have handled this if the roles were reversed and he was still playing?  Probably not much different than Jeudy and why I wasn't thrilled with the comment.  

No one would ever refer to Smitty as JAG. No former Panthers player would ever criticize him for not giving his craft his full effort. 

• Pie 1