• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Appreciate what you say 

but. fields

1. Has a nfl sturdy build

2. can run and does  run without hesitancy or fear so the defense has to watch for that 

3  has a nfl level arm

Bryce may be a better processor in time but for now, his physical limitations are showing and he can’t run to hide the line weaknesses and he can’t or doesn’t throw deep so all the defense has to do is just close in on him. Over and over and over 

I want him to succeed but honestly, I don’t know what that looks like with him 

But that's the whole point. Aren't guys built like Cam Newton suppose to show out early because of their athleticism and more favorable measurables? Bryce doesn't have that to rely on he has everything working against him when it comes to his "physical limitations" so why would we expect him to come into the NFL and set the world on fire right away? Especially with this supporting cast. Just because he isn't dominating doesn't mean he doesn't have any traits, or an NFL arm, or isn't as smart as advertised. He just needs time. He needs exactly what he's getting now. Real NFL action against real NFL defenses. Being smart and a more cerebral person doesn't always mean you are out smarting and out playing people from day 1. It means he has the ability to learn and adapt to his environment and once it finally starts to click for him it will begin to translate onto the field. I truly believe Bryce just needs some time and more experience and he will be just fine.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

I don't have to prove it - I'm not the one making the assertion. That's your responsibility. But playing along, saying he's taken more heat than any of those guys combined is just outright wrong. You either just joined the board 4 months ago or are intentionally ignoring the threads like these that came up after 3 seconds of Googling just Baker on this board:

I find this post from that last thread especially interesting.

image.png.876f2a8d1158953ad44bdb8e3892837a.png

You find the last post interesting? You haven't even provided any context. Anyway...you can believe what you want. If you think that it makes sense to constantly bash Bryce, then have at it. To me, it's simply nonsensical at this point. 

I have been underwhelmed with Young so far, but like most people I hope he turns it around. In the meantime, balanced and fair criticism should be ok. The one throw from the last game that actually got me excited was the TD to Chark. 20 yards out and a strong and decisive throw, nothing super special, but first time I’ve seen it from him. I expect him to build in it in the next game, but we’ll see. I still have huge concerns about Frank as a play caller. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I honestly have no idea how anyone can be crowing about Bryce Young receiving hate before the draft when in fact it was CJ Stroud who was dragged through the mud and had his character and intelligence called into question based on absolutely nothing at all. While Young was afforded the benefit of the doubt from most of the media even after skipping the combine with questions about his weight swirling. These claims might work on someone who has a hazy memory of the events but we have the receipts. Stop the bullshit.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You find the last post interesting? You haven't even provided any context. Anyway...you can believe what you want. If you think that it makes sense to constantly bash Bryce, then have at it. To me, it's simply nonsensical at this point. 

At what point did I say it made sense to 'bash Bryce'? Calling out poor play is fair and Bryce's objective play has been anywhere from below average to outright suck most of the season, just like much of the team and the staff. It is what it is and you moving goalposts when you get called out for nonsense BS like 'Bryce takes more heat in his limited time here than the previous several QBs combined' doesn't change that, especially when you're in there piling on those guys as well... rather ironic.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I honestly have no idea how anyone can be crowing about Bryce Young receiving hate before the draft when in fact it was CJ Stroud who was dragged through the mud and had his character and intelligence called into question based on absolutely nothing at all. While Young was afforded the benefit of the doubt from most of the media even after skipping the combine with questions about his weight swirling. These claims might work on someone who has a hazy memory of the events but we have the receipts. Stop the bullshit.

I was here pre draft. There was A LOT of Bryce Young hate. Plenty of people dragging him for not taking part in the combine, maybe you were one of them since you’re still talking about it. Like I’m sure the teams had no idea what he weighed or how he threw you’re just upset because nobody thought it was important for him to bow before the combine stans. Were you also one of the ones who vowed to have his back if he were drafted and became your QB? Let’s see the receipts on those folks who have been nothing but negative about him all season. Sheesh talk about bullshit come on now.

8 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Just wait until our fans watch Chicago take Caleb Williams with our no. 1 pick.  We have a porous oline and no weapons and no draft picks to rectify that situation. Why is Fitterer still allowed in the building? 

So be it and this is somewhat a false narrative the Panthers gave away a top or early pick because without the trade the Panthers are a different team rolling into this season, with a veteran QB starting , DJ Moore on the roster, etc. They are probably not picking early enough in the draft for Caleb or another top QB just like the past seasons.  

21 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I was here pre draft. There was A LOT of Bryce Young hate. Plenty of people dragging him for not taking part in the combine, maybe you were one of them since you’re still talking about it. Like I’m sure the teams had no idea what he weighed or how he threw you’re just upset because nobody thought it was important for him to bow before the combine stans. Were you also one of the ones who vowed to have his back if he were drafted and became your QB? Let’s see the receipts on those folks who have been nothing but negative about him all season. Sheesh talk about bullshit come on now.

That happens with every QB class in every draft. People pick a prospect and head to their respective corners. Will Levis got more hate from fans than anyone in the class. Why aren't you drumming up sympathy for him? Anyways fans have no impact on a players draft stock. The media gave CJ Stroud the Cam Newton treatment. He knew it too. For the most part Bryce Young was handled with kid gloves from the media. The fact that you perceive throwing at the combine for a QB under consideration for the top pick to be only for "stans" whatever the hell that means tells me you have your own agenda.

What is your definition of "having his back"? I'm guessing it's pretending everything is going well like a mindless drone. Sorry bud the world doesn't work that way. I want him to succeed as much as anyone I don't want my local team to be the joke of the league. If he and the rest of the team play like poo until the game is lost that's what I'm going to call it.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

But that's the whole point. Aren't guys built like Cam Newton suppose to show out early because of their athleticism and more favorable measurables? Bryce doesn't have that to rely on he has everything working against him when it comes to his "physical limitations" so why would we expect him to come into the NFL and set the world on fire right away? Especially with this supporting cast. Just because he isn't dominating doesn't mean he doesn't have any traits, or an NFL arm, or isn't as smart as advertised. He just needs time. He needs exactly what he's getting now. Real NFL action against real NFL defenses. Being smart and a more cerebral person doesn't always mean you are out smarting and out playing people from day 1. It means he has the ability to learn and adapt to his environment and once it finally starts to click for him it will begin to translate onto the field. I truly believe Bryce just needs some time and more experience and he will be just fine.

Because that was what was force fed to us by analysts,  the team, and certain fans from the draft till now. Lets be real, its not people on this forum that need to be talked down, the experts are supposed to know more than us technically and should be giving more incite on why bryce isnt playing up to his draft status. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

At what point did I say it made sense to 'bash Bryce'? Calling out poor play is fair and Bryce's objective play has been anywhere from below average to outright suck most of the season, just like much of the team and the staff. It is what it is and you moving goalposts when you get called out for nonsense BS like 'Bryce takes more heat in his limited time here than the previous several QBs combined' doesn't change that, especially when you're in there piling on those guys as well... rather ironic.

I haven't moved any goalposts and I stick by my statement. 

The fact that you don't seem to understand that most rookie QBs suck and are below average their rookie season is telling. 

I haven't piled on anyone. That's some b.s. narrative that you made up. It's just not my style. I say what I have to say, and I do so generally after much time. The only person that I even made an early assessment on was Mike Shula, and I still didn't pile on him.

As far as any other Panthers QB, Baker and Darnold included, show me anywhere where I just piled on them. Like I said, it's simply not my style. Even still, there's a difference between "piling on" a seasoned vet who already has a substantial body of work and a rookie. I may criticise, with substance to back it up, but I'm not going to just throw out general comments, or come to obviously premature decisions. Like I said, most analysts have said the same thing. Even the guy who pointed out that there were concerns about the beginning of Bryce's early career, in the thread that I started, said that it's way too early to draw any conclusions (and he isn't even an exclusive Panthers fan, if he's one at all). 

For the record, I did use "probably," but you conveniently overlooked that fact, and, secondly, this thread isn't about some decidedly innocuous statement, whether you believe it's "ridiculous" or not, it's about the fact that a rookie with less than a handful of games has essentially been labeled a bust---a lost cause, so much so that people are piling on him, regardless of his four game career, and regardless of the context. That's the real issue here, and all the other stuff is just a diversion. 

Edited by top dawg