• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

LinvilleGorge

Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Icege said:

The irony of the three posters most likely to poo up a thread being the first three to respond with no attempt at a good faith engagement says all that needs to be said.

Again, personal insults. Also, if you’re including me in that group: I’ve never pood any post without mine being pood first. Please discuss the actual thread instead of devolving things to attacking others. 

The suggestion from op might be an overreach but at the same time, mods should recognize that some quality contributors have left due to effectively being attacked as morons for having the gall to say anything positive.

Mostly by the same handful of dudes 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, frankw said:

"Anti-Bryce" is basically "anything I don't want to read that challenges my thoughts".

Some of this reminds me of when we were having the first real doubts about Matt Rhule and people who didn't want to hear about it kept labeling any criticism as "Anti-Rhule".

Same could be said of the early doubters. Any positivity or optimism for Bryce could be something that challenges their thoughts and therefore they don’t want to read it.

• Pie 1

I think the problem is that there are a lot of people here who come from not only very different walks of life but online climates as well. As a collective, the "Huddle" doesn't know what it wants, because shockingly the Huddle consists of more than three people and isn't just some uniform entity. I am usually against stuff like this, some are in the "eh if it helps it helps" camp, some people support it, others support it deep down but don't want to say it because they're too embarrassed by the concept to admit that they support it, etc. 

Honestly, I feel like a lot of people are just complaining to complain and just using the state as the forum as another thing to dunk on due to general, pent up frustration with the team. This includes the crowd going around trying to derail threads with actual football discussion in them with ad-hominem one liners BTW. Could some things about the site be better? Yeah sure. As someone who has a (non-forum) website of my own I've never had any issues with spam bots but I feel that's probably more in the Igo wheelhouse of issues rather than the mods. But the site itself nor its moderation are the core problem.

The state of the team AKA the fact that the team's future now looks very bleak IF Young doesn't work out is the source of the ails. If Young can come out and win our next game against CJ h2h while looking good doing it, the morale of this place will probably raise significantly.

Edited by beo
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

The suggestion from op might be an overreach but at the same time, mods should recognize that some quality contributors have left due to effectively being attacked as morons for having the gall to say anything positive.

Mostly by the same handful of dudes 

They'll be back if we start winning again. Or they won't. Posters come and go over the years. Years of losing guts fanbase though. 

I think this whole thing is hilarious. Clearly there are two schools of thought on Bryce. Just ignore the ones you don't like, it's not that hard. I personally think that Bryce is improving every game and it won't be much longer before things start clicking. Linville thinks the opposite, but we have had plenty of friendly discourse with out it turning into extremes. Both sides need to grow some backbones and not let it destroy their days.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I would love for the Huddle to give all these snow flake Bryce lovers their own thread.  That way they can have their circle of love and sing Kumbaya.  Anyone who can't see the guy is a complete bust by now is just blind.  

If he's so great, tell me how many Superbowl rings does he have?  I'll wait.

Psych. Not.  He sucks.  Bet.  You are all just stupid.

I'm not trying to be mean here and I say this all out of love for my fellow Panther fans.  Does anyone want a milkshake and their very own thread?  You can love it and squeeze it and call it George.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They'll be back if we start winning again. Or they won't. Posters come and go over the years. Years of losing guts fanbase though. 

Winning is at least 2 seasons away.  I think there can be a middle ground before then between kumbaya and OMG you're an idiot for not realizing Bryce is the worst QB of all time. 

• Pie 1