• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you expect out of OC Brown?

Jmac

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hopefully competence. Simply knowing which players are on the field on a given play will be an improvement.

Frank giving us this information may be a nail in his coffin, should've kept that to himself shows major incompetence if Brown has us looking like a normal NFL offense that'll be another nail imo because he's a offensive coach we have our whole defensive staff that basically runs things without him. If the O is better without him calling plays what's his benefits to us?

As to the question I believe we'll see more innovative plays called I'd say more of a Mcvay type of offense lots of motion with creativity built in. Compared to what we've seen slow long developing routes and heavier doses of play action passes way more frequently.

42 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

As to the question I believe we'll see more innovative plays called I'd say more of a Mcvay type of offense lots of motion with creativity built in. Compared to what we've seen slow long developing routes and heavier doses of play action passes way more frequently.

I watch many games thanks to AFN showing 3 games at a time.  Plus I'll stream either the Panthers game or NFL Redzone.  I watch so many teams that are creative and yet we're still stuck in the wrong era.  Like I said before, I think Brown is going to shake things up some. 

I'm with you, If Brown makes us look like a real offense fire Reich and make Brown the HC.  It would suck to show great improvement only to watch Brown go somewhere else and we're stuck with another OC that is like Reich.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I watch many games thanks to AFN showing 3 games at a time.  Plus I'll stream either the Panthers game or NFL Redzone.  I watch so many teams that are creative and yet we're still stuck in the wrong era.  Like I said before, I think Brown is going to shake things up some. 

I'm with you, If Brown makes us look like a real offense fire Reich and make Brown the HC.  It would suck to show great improvement only to watch Brown go somewhere else and we're stuck with another OC that is like Reich.

If Brown is a good or great OC, why in the world would you want to immediately take away from what he is doing and promote him?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Frank giving us this information may be a nail in his coffin, should've kept that to himself shows major incompetence if Brown has us looking like a normal NFL offense that'll be another nail imo because he's a offensive coach we have our whole defensive staff that basically runs things without him. If the O is better without him calling plays what's his benefits to us?

Most head coaches don't call plays, no one hired Reich to call plays

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Honestly not much more. 

he helped design this offense (per sheena quick) and the panthers don’t have the personnel to do much more. He might be willing to open up the playbook a little more, but based on what I’ve seen they don’t have the players to execute even the boilerplate poo that reich was calling. 

if the lineman can’t hold blocks or the receiver can’t run (very simple) routes it doesn’t matter who’s calling the plays. 

I fear a lot of people are about to be very disappointed. The panthers were built last year to just go ground and pound, and when Wilks took over they were able to lean into that hard. 

Doing that now would require installing an entirely new offense in the next two weeks which….

• Beer 1