• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

I'm also shocked we didn't trade Chinn, I'd have taken literally a 7th for him at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Chinn and think he will be a longtime starter in this league, but this staff hasn't figured out how to use him so they just don't put him on the field.  Unless we play him near 100% of the snaps once he's healthy again, there is a 0% chance he's coming back here.  

Why would you re-sign with the team that just spent the season refusing to put you on the field?

So now we're going to keep him and watch him walk away for nothing in free agency, what a way to ruin the potential of a guy who came in 2nd in the DROY voting

• Pie 1

Just now, tukafan21 said:

I'm also shocked we didn't trade Chinn, I'd have taken literally a 7th for him at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Chinn and think he will be a longtime starter in this league, but this staff hasn't figured out how to use him so they just don't put him on the field.  Unless we play him near 100% of the snaps once he's healthy again, there is a 0% chance he's coming back here.  

Why would you re-sign with the team that just spent the season refusing to put you on the field?

So now we're going to keep him and watch him walk away for nothing in free agency, what a way to ruin the potential of a guy who came in 2nd in the DROY voting

I wouldn’t have minded the Steelers throwing a 6th to get a close up look at him for the rest of the season. 

Might as roll with what we got. If a trade isn't going to go our way, then what's the point. 

Some players will be coming back on D, and Brown will be getting more comfortable calling plays. If they can shuffle the Oline to at least find improvement or adjust the scheme a bit, maybe that will help.

As one old HC said...."it is what it is".

Edited by Jmac

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I’m sure by winning Sunday the FO thinks we are still in the running to win the division (only 2 1/2 games back)!!!!

3 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

The opportunity to trade Chinn went out the window when he was placed on IR.

The opportunity to get something decent like a 4 or 5 went out the window when he got hurt, but I think teams would have still done a late round pick or 6/7 swap for him.

Small price to pay to get the guy in the building the rest of the season and see if you can convince him to re-sign in the spring.

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I was speaking of the 4-5th price you originally stated. Which is why I added the edit. And Claypool had more production his rookie year than TMJ has his whole career. 

Sure, but he also had a HOF throwing him the ball, he's done jack squat since Ben retired and was openly showing horribly effort and attitude on the field this year.

TMJ's 9 catch for 56 yard game this year was better than anything Claypool did with the Bears.

They both suck, but if Claypool can get something in a trade, so can TMJ

9 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Sure, but he also had a HOF throwing him the ball, he's done jack squat since Ben retired and was openly showing horribly effort and attitude on the field this year.

TMJ's 9 catch for 56 yard game this year was better than anything Claypool did with the Bears.

They both suck, but if Claypool can get something in a trade, so can TMJ

Chase Claypool put up a rookie year that eclipsed Marshall's entire career production. Hell, he put up a sophomore campaign that did the same and was on pace for similar production when the Bears traded for him. Obviously they didn't plan on trading the 32nd overall pick for what they got out of him. But the fact remains Claypool has shown WAY more production than Marshall ever has.

I'm not sure why you're so gung-ho to do a Marshall and a 7th round pick for a 6th round pick swap deal? If we did that with the Bengals, it'd basically be akin to moving up like 15 spots in the draft order. Might as well see if he shows anything in these last 10 games if that's all the return is going to be.

Edited by UNCrules2187