• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do the Panthers move forward in a tanked season

Verge

10 hours ago, Verge said:

A little piece I wrote about the rest of Carolina's season. 

A couple notes:

-I don't think Burns is available but they should listen

-I definitely think they are in the WR market for a couple of guys

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/25/panthers-bye-week-frank-reich-bryce-young-thomas-brown

It is simply mind boggling knowing how paper thin this oline was, and with two vets coming back from surgery, that nothing was done to bulk up that oline   They also know they had a probable  scheme fit mismatch 

same is true of the CB position…they know horn is made of glass…they know what DJAX and CJ are in a pass happy league 

what this front office and coaching staff focuses on is simply not palatable anymore 

want better play, fix the damned oline   Have backups for it. Make it a priority

sick if it. Tired and sick 

Fitterer.  Leave, just go 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Verge said:

A little piece I wrote about the rest of Carolina's season. 

A couple notes:

-I don't think Burns is available but they should listen

-I definitely think they are in the WR market for a couple of guys

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/25/panthers-bye-week-frank-reich-bryce-young-thomas-brown

Who are you, again? 🤔

(nice work, Verge)

What I'm saying now doesn't really deviate much from what I said at the start of the season. It's about showing improvement by the end of the year, especially when it comes to Young.

This was never going to be a playoff year. It may have started worse than expected, but what's most important is how it finishes.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Article was titled "How to move forward" but the content was really more about the state of the team and diagnosis of problems save any criticism about how underwhelming BY9 has played.  A speculative comment regarding a potential WR transaction could have been paired with trade speculation to keep all the lazy narratives cleanly organized.

However, the article failed to address it's own question in my opinion.  The Panthers move forward by accepting that the team's goals are no longer the typical goals of a NFL team, if they ever were to be honest.  Our enduring purpose this season is to determine who on this team and staff are part of the future.  That could be expanded upon in terms of what reasonable expectations are for the players, coaches, front office and organization as whole.  Hell even throw in what we as fans can hope and cheer for in the fog of a lost season.  That's how we move foward, by looking forward.  The only real value of this season is how much we can learn from it.

• Pie 1

#1 Tepper steps back and hires a consultant to hold his hand and help clean up the mess he made.

#2 Get a new GM. Yes man or just bad at his job, this one is a dead end and should be put out of everyone else's misery.

#3 Fire sale and a real rebuild. Anyone is up for sale, doesn't matter. Anyone on this team should be replaceable in 3 years if the personnel evaluations were decent. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who are you, again? 🤔

(nice work, Verge)

What I'm saying now doesn't really deviate much from what I said at the start of the season. It's about showing improvement by the end of the year, especially when it comes to Young.

This was never going to be a playoff year. It may have started worse than expected, but what's most important is how it finishes.

Trading CMC, DJ, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, for BY and DJ Johnson is absolutely expecting to win the division. There's no way you give up all those assets for those 2 players and realistically expect to land another top 10 pick. No fugging way. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Trading CMC, DJ, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, for BY and DJ Johnson is absolutely expecting to win the division. There's no way you give up all those assets for those 2 players and realistically expect to land another top 10 pick. No fugging way. 

Irish woman assaulted in Conor's Yacht (shocking twist inside) | Page ...

The thing is I don't think there's anything we can do. I don't want to trade away anything for picks for as long as Fitterer is GM because he will just bomb them and it'll be a complete waste. The worst part is we don't even know how bad he is because for all we know it could just be Tepper pulling all the strings and overriding everything. We won't be getting a new owner any time soon, so it feels like it's just going to be one vicious cycle.

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I see this a lot, but reality is we didn't trade away two first round picks. We traded away next year's and swapped picks this year.

• Pie 3