• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chubba Hubbard mass improvement

micnificent28

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Ooof.  I agree Chuba is better than in the past, but being the best one of this RB group isn't a major accomplishment.  Take out his long of 8 yards and his average for yesterday would have been 0.7 yards.  Totaling 44 rush yards on the day, 33 by our trio of RBs is AWFUL...averaging under a yard per carry yesterday.

image.png.90f00443e9c216c0d83446b46e0c3efe.png

In fairness, our line was an absolute disaster in every facet yesterday and prime Walter Payton would’ve had a tough time finding space. Honestly surprised we still managed 44 yards. Felt like we had -44. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We need to go out and get as bruiser in the offseason.  Hubbard has improved but he's still a poor option as a short-yardage back and right now our inability to pick up 2-3 yards when we really need it on the ground is stalling our offense.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 10/30/2023 at 1:12 PM, top dawg said:

I've been saying he is our best back since last season. He may not be able to take the team on his back, but, but I view him as the second generation Nick Goings. He's a sneaky explosive north-south runner that can be very productive if he gets to the second level, and tear your ass up if he gets into the open field. 

Glad to see he's still working on his hands because he's fairly one dimensional right now, but can still move the chains occasionally with key catches.

If you were saying that last season you’re delusional. Foreman was vastly superior to Hubbard. In fact, Hubbard has been absolute dog poo most of his career. This is the first season he’s actually shown something so I have no idea what you’re trying to do with this oh he should’ve been the starter talk

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

If you were saying that last season you’re delusional. Foreman was vastly superior to Hubbard. In fact, Hubbard has been absolute dog poo most of his career. This is the first season he’s actually shown something so I have no idea what you’re trying to do with this oh he should’ve been the starter talk

"Vastly superior" my ass. Foreman got more opportunities and did less with them. Chuba is faster and simply way more explosive than Foreman ever thought about being. Plus, he had a higher average per run and per catch. And, in case you missed it, Cynthia Frelund of NFL Next Gen Stats thought Hubbard was underappreciated as well.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/30/panthers-rb-chuba-hubbard-underappreciated-next-gen-stats-miles-sanders/

So, I don't know who you're listening to, what you're looking at, but there seems to be a disconnect. Chuba was very solid last season, and is solid this season considering the suspect line play and play calling. He's not an A-list back by any means, but he's got more zip than Foreman, and is a more dynamic runner in the open field.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

We need to go out and get as bruiser in the offseason.  Hubbard has improved but he's still a poor option as a short-yardage back and right now our inability to pick up 2-3 yards when we really need it on the ground is stalling our offense.

Insane part was we had the right 3 headed attack last year.  Sanders was an all-time FA bust.  Hubbard is great but we just need a short yardage back.  Just a bad, bad decision in retrospect not to resign Foreman.

Finally, you have to credit Hubbard so much.  Evidently him and Tremble stayed everyday after practice working on the JUGS machines and it's paying off.

Hubbard saw early on with CMC what the standard was for a RB1 in the NFL.  And he was worked his ass off to get to that point.  Nothing but respect.

On 10/30/2023 at 3:15 PM, 45catfan said:

Ooof.  I agree Chuba is better than in the past, but being the best one of this RB group isn't a major accomplishment.  Take out his long of 8 yards and his average for yesterday would have been 0.7 yards.  Totaling 44 rush yards on the day, 33 by our trio of RBs is AWFUL...averaging under a yard per carry yesterday.

image.png.90f00443e9c216c0d83446b46e0c3efe.png

This, people keep shitting on Miles, and he's deserved ''some'' of it, but our OL is UNDER-PERFORMING!

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

This, people keep shitting on Miles, and he's deserved ''some'' of it, but our OL is UNDER-PERFORMING!

are they underperforming? or is it more that we just lack talent that matches what we want to do. 

we were a run centric team last year when they were praised. 

now we are pass centric. 

I'd love to see the actual break down of blitz % these dudes are seeing as they sit back in shotgun virtually every snap.  Part of the reason they were better last year is their job was just different. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not on board with bringing other backs in till we can see what Cohen has.

No matter who cohen has become he is under what 200 pounds? im not sure his weight but, he doesnt fix our 4th and 1 issue... We need a power guy regardless... we cant even sneak with bryce without bringing in dalton. this team needs a hammer.