• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School week 8

bigpoppa

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

Obviously if we could go back we trade Burns instead of Moore. That was unthinkable at the time though.

The moment the trade was announced I was so confused. You trade up to the #1 pick to select a young QB while also trading away his #1 WR and the only legit weapon on the offense at the time.

Fitt is a joke!

• Pie 4

He said at the end the #19 stuff has taken on its own life on his channel at this point so guess what…

= good for business for him to keep it up and a little extra sauce on his criticism of him particularly. Probably has improved his engagement which is good for exposure.

He has been fair to Thielen when he’s made plays too but we know hating on social media spreads.. not showing love. People typically don’t take the good with the bad they just harbor on the bad.

My issue is the lack of other receivers being mentioned simply because they aren’t doing anything to get open. Just a bunch of “who do you want him to throw the ball to?”. That’s more frustrating than anything to me. Only one other receiver got credit for doing anything in that video and that was Mingo. Seems to be a consistent thing.

Edited by CLG
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

Bruh, he's made his point clear. DJ Moore would be the #1 WR in the NFL right now is basically what he's saying. Thielen can catch, he can't outrun anyone tho.

DJ Could do both and would be DOMINATING the league right now if he was here. Water under the bridge, we gotta find a #1 in FA. We have our QB finally.

That ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The moment the trade was announced I was so confused. You trade up to the #1 pick to select a young QB while also trading away his #1 WR and the only legit weapon on the offense at the time.

Fitt is a joke!

I agree.  When you trade up to get a franchise QB, it's better to go all in on offense even if it means the defense is atrocious.  You can't afford to screw up a QB mentally or physically.  It's so obvious I don't even understand how you take away his best weapon and not get more depth on the OL.  Burns should have been traded.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He legit has a personal problem with Adam Thielen and he's letting it jeopardize his content. It's honestly the only explanation at this point.

Thielen is carrying our entire passing game. There's no two ways about it.

I mean AT is slow as poo and he runs slow, unathletic routes a lot of the time.  But he’s a crafty vet, knows how to get open, and catches everything. He should NOT be anybodies WR1, but it is what it is.  That being said he’s on pace for over 100 catches and like 1300 yards. 

• Pie 3

Just now, NAS said:

I agree.  When you trade up to get a franchise QB, it's better to go all in on offense even if it means the defense is atrocious.  You can't afford to screw up a QB mentally or physically.  It's so obvious I don't even understand how you take away his best weapon and not get more depth on the OL.  Burns should have been traded.

Burrow got absolutely pounded as a rookie.  Draft night its down to Sewell or Chase.  Burrow chooses chase.  Thats telling.  Give a qb weapons

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, GRWatcher said:

That ship has sailed.

Yeah, you can't knock 33 year old Thielen for not being prime DJ Moore. That's on Scott Fitterer for trading away his #1 WR and only proven NFL WR to move up to get his QB. Moore and Ickey should've been the only two guys untouchable in that trade. Unfortunately, Ickey hasn't played up to that this year, but that's another bitch and moan session.

2 minutes ago, lightsout said:

He has dogged Thielen for being slow.

Watch the film. Motherfuger is slow. And he is our best receiver. Anybody got a problem with that, take it to AT...but his response may not be fast. 

Just like his routes.

Yeah, he's slow. He's 33. We moved him to the slot to give him new life. But even being slow he's getting open and catching football. Bitch about the two 2nd round picks who aren't.

• Pie 2

It’s been like this all year 

Like I’ve said, give Bryce league average speed at WR and we’d have something good right now. Bryce is getting the most out of what he has now and that’s basically all we can ask. 

His pocket awareness, accuracy, anticipation is really showing up now. My only hope is that this situation doesn’t break him before it can get better. Baffles me they chose to sit on their hands yesterday and are fine with this sh!t show continuing 

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

What part of what he said wasn't factual though? Being the biggest fish in a small pond doesn't make you a big fish.

Thielen is our slot receiver. He should not be the big fish. He's the big fish because the outside receivers aren't stepping up and delivering. That's their fault. Yet he focuses on the one guy we have who is producing despite his current limitations.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1