• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Colts at Panthers Gameday Thread

Mage

Yeah, I mean I totally thought we wouldn't lose another game this season after we beat the Texans 15-13 last week.

We went out and really solidified our TERRIBLE offensive line at the trade deadline, brought in legitimate NFL WRs at WR1 and WR2 and that pick up of our new stud TE really sealed the deal. 

Look, I am not one to think if someone eats a bag of skittles they are going to be farting rainbows out their ass later - but NOTHING changed with this team because of one win.  That goes for the + positive crew and a lot of bent outta shape haters who are now piling on even harder than before the Panthers won their first game.

The team's makeup isn't what it needs to be, it's devoid of talent and depth.  The Panthers defense is banged up, but even a healthy D isn't going to make up for the lack of offense this year. Should people lose their jobs - possibly and probably so - Fitterer I think is gone, but none of the coaches can go out there and make tackles, run the ball, pass/run block.  Fundamentally it is a poorly built team that needs a tear down and if the coaches can't adapt to the personnel to put out a better product than this then yeah they need to go to.

Everyone calling Young a bust isn't looking at the team around him. 

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I’m leaning towards it being more team talent. Why did we look so much better last week?

I mean we won by the skin of our ass and force feeding AT while Bryce is escaping the pocket. We barely beat a 500 team. 

Until today Bryce was improving each week. I think we really can’t evaluate him until we have some consistent speed at WR and a line that doesn’t get destroyed every play.

I say this as someone who wanted Stroud. But you can tell the talent is there in Bryce when the teams are more evenly matched. 

But the Texans aren't a talent juggernaut either, bro.  Thielen may have a lost a half a step, but he used to run a 4.3.  Chark runs a 4.3.  Mingo was what, a 4.4 or 4.5?  Chubba was a track guy.  We have speed.  Again, I'm convinced that the guys can't get open bc the whole offense is limited bc the field is so compressed to cater to the the throws that Bryce is comfortable throwing.  Hard to showcase speed when he can't complete passes over the top.  Everybody was gassing up his average performance last week, and yet still, not one "over-the-top" throw was attempted.  His deepest throws this season have all been on deep crosses over the middle.  Those are the only deep throws he's comfortable throwing and is accurate with, and defense know it, so they jump everything short and keep everything in front of them comfortably bc they're not scared of him even attempting to beat them over the top.

• Beer 1