• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seems like today put an exclamation point on it...

Huffgolf30

16 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Does nobody on this forum realize how freaking terrible this entire team is? I keep hearing about Stroud( I’m a Buckeye fan) but put him ON THIS TEAM with THESE RECEIVERS and with THIS O-LINE and tell me he would be putting up the same numbers… 

Not throwing multiple pick sixes at home is the bare minimum expectation js.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

Made a huge mistake not picking Stroud (obvious at this point). Not even sure Bryce would be a 1st round pick if the draft were held today. My question is where the fug we go from here now that we made this collosal error.

Serious answer: Historically the Panthers have tried to build a team through the draft. Since Tepper has been here, that has not worked very well.
 now that they are in this situation by giving away so much to draft Young, the only way to build this team is free agency. The good news is I do believe they have a decent amount of cap space to try and build a team since they will not have too many draft picks. Hopefully they can bring in another quarterback to compete with young and Dalton. More offensive lineman and some legit WR’s. It is not going to be easy, but it is possible. But Tepper and his wife need to stay out of the decisions.

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

The first and most important thing is that under no circumstances, do we trade ANY of our own future 1st round picks until Bryce either proofs himself an Elite QB or we replace him.

I don't care if the Vikings offer us Jefferson for a single first, he's worthless to us without a QB (okay, that's obviously hyperbole, you take that offer, but you know what I mean).

There is a very real possibility that we're picking in the Top 5 of the 2025 draft, if that's the case and there is a QB worth taking, you cut bait and do it.

You absolutely take Jefferson wtf

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Good QB's make the easy plays.  Great QB's make the easy plays look easy; then they make tough plays happen.

Young may be a good NFL QB in a couple years.

Stroud is really good, right now.  In a couple years, he may be GREAT.

Summed up perfectly here

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Does nobody on this forum realize how freaking terrible this entire team is? I keep hearing about Stroud( I’m a Buckeye fan) but put him ON THIS TEAM with THESE RECEIVERS and with THIS O-LINE and tell me he would be putting up the same numbers… 

Nah, he would be doing what he's doing in Houston - elevating everyone around him

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

People really underestimate how bad this team is as a whole. Thomas Brown tried opening up the playbook last week and it resulted in 6 sacks. Started off doing the same thing today and immediately resulted in a few sacks. 

So now we’re stuck playing dink and dunk with no running game. Our WR’s are trash to boot and it’s literally a QB’s worst nightmare. 

yeah the interceptions suck, they were all ugly but this entire situation is a f’n mess. I have a tough time imagining any QB succeeding on this team  

At what point do you say it's Bryce not finding the open receiver/mismatch.

Again, when your QB can't throw more than 15 yards, good luck winning any games 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I agree, but I don't think that he'd look like Bryce has. I suspect that Stroud can do with more less, and that Bryce, at the very least, needs stellar line play to do starter-level work. Bryce doesn't look like a QB who can put the team on his shoulders and will them to a win. The jury is still out, I admit, but...

Damn, "with more less." That Stella Artois must be affecting me more than I know.

Finally home from that disaster. 

it occurred to me today during the game….as a collective O (we have better QB play) but this is a variation 2010.  At no point do you think the Panthers can actually attack or challenge anyone.  We are a death by a thousand paper cuts O that might get lucky if there is a busted play.   So boring and painful to watch.  

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Obviously you cant give up on him yet BUT they need to bring in competition next year and it cant be someone with similar physical traits they have to be better.  This how you can truly evaluate and determine if you can win with the traits bryce brings to the table. I have said this for a while now.

Draft Bo Nix if he is available in the 2nd.

I doubt he will be.

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Other teams whiff on QBs too. You just have to draft better and sign better complimentary players going forward. Can’t change what we’ve already done. 

Normally I’d agree, but we gave up a pretty big haul to get him. Whiffing after that is a huuuge hurdle to get over. Having no top five pick next year hurts. Hopefully we can overcome this, but with Tepper in charge…it ain’t looking good. 

• Pie 1