• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seems like today put an exclamation point on it...

Huffgolf30

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Yep. 

like he’s not even attempting (let alone making) throws young is doing routinely in Houston. 

based on what we’ve seen, developing into Brees is a pipe dream. He might develop into like early career Alex smith. 

I’ve gotten the Alex Smith vibe — but people are mad and hurt and desperate for Randy Fasani comparisons

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Yep. 

like he’s not even attempting (let alone making) throws young is doing routinely in Houston. 

based on what we’ve seen, developing into Brees is a pipe dream. He might develop into like early career Alex smith. 

No one would be overly concerned about the turnovers and the losses if he was also going out there and throwing for 300 yards and we were putting up points. Okay, cool. Bryce is showing he can do it, now he just needs to keep developing and learn how to better manage the game and cut down on the turnovers. Again, typical young QB stuff that lots of future greats have worked through early in their careers. But y'all, this looks like Teddy Bridgewater.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one would be overly concerned about the turnovers and the losses if he was also going out there and throwing for 300 yards and we were putting up points. Okay, cool. Bryce is showing he can do it, now he just needs to keep developing and learn how to better manage the game and cut down on the turnovers. Again, typical young QB stuff that lots of future greats have worked through early in their careers. But y'all, this looks like Teddy Bridgewater.

teddy has a far better arm

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy is a much better player unfortunately. 
At least it’s obvious how terrible Young is so maybe our inept front office will be able to move on from him quickly.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The comparison is a little unfair . . . to TB5.

TB's rookie year

image.thumb.png.6e616af001037d1f326dd69844eb3f19.png

BY's year so far

image.thumb.png.b431cb30108a7208779fe29ada8b4ce5.png

Somehow, TB5 had more yards per attempt, air yards per attempt and yards per completion his rookie year.

Bryce has another year, so we'll see how it goes, but it's not promising so far.

12 hours ago, Jmac said:

Start over two years from now. Bryce will be gone by then and we will probably suck enough to get a high pick. Not a number one probably....but who knows.

pretty much.. its gonna be some dark age, stone tools ish for a while.

There is no instant solution to this thing. 

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Considering what we've invested I really wish I could disagree. But it's there in the tape the eye test doesn't lie.

I wanted us to draft Young. I’ve thought a lot of the Young criticisms and Stroud praise all year was mostly hyperbole. 

But you’re exactly right, the eye test doesn’t lie. After watching Stroud play last week and his highlights from today. And after watching Young fail miserably today, our worst nightmares are playing out before our eyes. It’s not an experience problem that will hopefully get better, he is physically not capable of being an elite NFL QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Does nobody on this forum realize how freaking terrible this entire team is? I keep hearing about Stroud( I’m a Buckeye fan) but put him ON THIS TEAM with THESE RECEIVERS and with THIS O-LINE and tell me he would be putting up the same numbers… 

I do. I posted during the Atlanta game , Week One: "This team is staring down the barrel at 0-17." Well, I was wrong about that.

I'm willing to say the coaching and supporting cast plays a significant role, but he's shown next to nothing to prove he can at least run the safer offenses, let alone, push the pall downfield.  When you typically have seen the low YPA, the 'bail screen in the flat', safe mode guys produce what seem like nice stats TD-TO ratio wise.  Yet Bryce has 8 TDs to 11 TOs.

It is super troubling and it's crazy how he backfloated two screens, one a high throw straight to the freaking defender.  If you're sub 5'10 (He's clearly in the low 5'9 range), at best an average arm, and can't outrun DTs, you're straight up vulnerable.  These were slip screen plays that the offenses that tailor to his stature will include and he's straight up not cutting the mustard on the most basic. 

Is he being ruined or is he just not cut for the big leagues? From what I've seen in games at this level, I'm not seeing anything we're necessarily ruining...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1