• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is very similar to Drew Brees but Panthers nation should be patient

Lame Duck

On 11/5/2023 at 9:38 PM, Lame Duck said:

I was at the game today and Panthers fans were booing Young and screaming at him the entire game.  It was pretty disgusting.  What did I do?  I bought Bryce jersey instead. 

Back in March, I wanted Stroud.  I said he was the most NFL ready player in the draft and I got absolutely pooed on.  I’m telling you now that Bryce will be very special but Panthers fans need to be patient.

During the path to draft, Bryce was compared to Drew Brees and so far, he looks identical.  You might think I’m crazy but hear me out.  In first three season in the NFL, Drew Brees averaged per game 200 yards passing, 1 TD,  1 interceptions, and rating of 73. These stats are nearly identical to Bryce Young (Bryce is actually better).  San Diego got impatient and dumped Brees and the rest is history.

You might say well Bryce and Brees are not the same but actually, their playing style is absolutely identical.

Here are Brees highlight from 2018.  Even in his prime, Brees needed to step into his throws to generate velocity but there are some big differences.  Brees feet and release.  Brees takes three rapid steps and uncorks the bullet.

Bryce footwork is a complete nightmare.  He is very heavy footed.  He needs to be lighter on his feet.  Bryce legit takes one step back and barely moves.  He also takes too long to uncork.  He does not read the field yet and not because he’s a slow processor but because the game will need to slowdown for him just like it did with Brees.

All I will say about Bryce, please be patient or we’ll end up like San Diego.

Also, please stop trashing Burns.  Today I saw why they refusing to trade him.  Dude is a role model when cameras are not on him.  He always talks to everyone on defense, he brings total energy during defensive break.  Him and Brown are very very tight.  Burns also very active with the fans and responds to folks when they call his name.

IMG_6509.jpeg

You clearly weren't around for the "Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire" chants if you think Bryce enduring booing is bad. 

EDIT: S C@M NeWTON

Edited by CPcavedweller

On 11/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, Jay Roosevelt said:

Yet I guarantee you if/when he turns it around and develops into a franchise QB these same fans will be wearing his jersey.

So what you’re saying is fans will be less critical of him when there are less things to be critical about…interesting.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Better not see any of you who are running your mouth thinking you got it all figured out 7 games into Bryce's career become fans if he ends up becoming a good player for us. You same people disappeared and didn't have poo to say when he had a solid game and beat the Texans last week. Not a single peep from any of you. You literally sat there and waited until our rookie had a bad game to come back out with your pitch forks and vomit all over the forum again. If Bryce turns into a good QB for us I expect you guys to delete your accounts, find a new team to cheer for, or get down on your knees and open your mouth as wide as you can because this fan base is an absolute disgrace. 

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Better not see any of you who are running your mouth thinking you got it all figured out 7 games into Bryce's career become fans if he ends up becoming a good player for us. You same people disappeared and didn't have poo to say when he had a solid game and beat the Texans last week. Not a single peep from any of you. You literally sat there and waited until our rookie had a bad game to come back out with your pitch forks and vomit all over the forum again. If Bryce turns into a good QB for us I expect you guys to delete your accounts, find a new team to cheer for, or get down on your knees and open your mouth as wide as you can because this fan base is an absolute disgrace. 

Are you okay? You know he has a mom and dad already right? He doesn't need you to adopt him bud.

I assure you Bryce Young certainly is. He's got about 37 million reasons at this point in time to keep chugging on regardless of how this is going good or bad.

And sorry no one here is required to bow before you and your standards of only praise being allowed.

I don't see anyone questioning his character his intelligence or his family history like was done with Stroud.

His performance on the field has been assessed as it has with every QB before him. People want him to play better and look like the guy we expect for where we picked. 98% of the folks here will be thrilled to see it. Nobody except for a few trolls wants this team to be bad. But just as those trolls are hindering real dialogue you all or nothing superior fan types aren't helping either.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Let me be the first to say, if Bryce starts looking like a franchise qb, I'll be the first to pull my Bryce jersey back out of the closet (where it's been since the first time I wore it for week 1). I have zero shame in admitting that. 

6 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Let me be the first to say, if Bryce starts looking like a franchise qb, I'll be the first to pull my Bryce jersey back out of the closet (where it's been since the first time I wore it for week 1). I have zero shame in admitting that. 

I'll keep rocking in week in and week out cause he's a rookie on a bad team who is growing.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:06 PM, Proudiddy said:

Oh no!  We might let him go and another team finds a way to develop a system around him that works perfectly for him while we draft another hall of famer in his place!

If that was actually on the table, no one here would give a poo about his struggles.  People are up in arms because we literally traded our car for gas money.  Brees was not a first round pick.  Brees was not a first overall pick.  Also don't recall Brees single-handedly losing games by repeated turnovers that should've never happened at any point in his career.  San Diego also gave up on him in part because he shredded his shoulder and they weren't sure he'd even be able to play anymore.  Bryce has one OK game through 8 games played.  I don't remember ever watching Brees in San Diego and thinking, "Damn, this guy sucks.  Hes blowing the game for them."  He looked average to good.  It just so happens pairing with Payton brought out the absolute best in him snd took him from where he was to all-time great.  But the difference there was that the baseline was already good.  The traits were already there.  The decision making was already there.  

Most games with Bryce, I don't see any similarities to SD Brees.  Brees looked like an NFL starter.  Bryce looks like he might barely be backup material most games.  There is a huge chasm between guys that win games and guys that lose them, and the delineation between the two is usually pretty obvious very early on...  Bryce has lost multiple games on his own this season, and (arguably) won one.  I didn't think he was a first-round pick in my estimation.  I thought his value at best was a mid-rounder.  Not only has he proven to not even be that level of player, but he has even looked worse than I ever would've anticipated because I figured at least his anticipation, accuracy, and mental abilities would make him solid, and those things haven't translated.

I appreciate the optimism, but this ship has sailed bro.  Bad is objectively bad.  For all the picks Peyton threw as a rookie, let me know if he threw two pick sixes in one game to one player because he couldn't see where he was throwing or because he lacked the requisite arm strength to get a throw out to the sideline in time and away from a defender.  It didn't happen.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

• Beer 2

On 11/5/2023 at 9:38 PM, Lame Duck said:

I was at the game today and Panthers fans were booing Young and screaming at him the entire game. 

It's been pretty well-documented (aside from my own personal experiences) that Panther fans are some of the worst in all of professional sports. Some of it comes from expecting the pro teams to be as good as Duke or Carolina basketball every year. And not like Matt Doherty Carolina basketball, but that's no excuse. Fans are pretty toxic at the games. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

😂 

Really hedging your bet on a short QB that can’t make accurate long passes. 

50 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I'll keep rocking in week in and week out cause he's a rookie on a bad team who is growing.

What growth? Through 8 games I have pretty much seen the same QB. Only changes are is if he will throw some interceptions, but His stats have pretty much been identical through 8 games.

QB School says there is growth. All I see is the same QB who checks down and is inaccurate downfield. Now he has happy feet after this game.

• Pie 2