• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

let's all come together and take out an ad in the Charlotte Observer... I will pay the cost of the ad

TheBigKat

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

He's a multi-billionaire narcissist. No ad or billboard is going to move the needle for this guy. Don't delude yourself.

The worst thing to someone who has ever tangible asset in the world is to be hated by people. Right now his popularity is abysmal

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Dear Dave "Long term Mediocrity will not be tolerated" Tepper,

Remember that quote? We do. Since you have taken over as owner of this franchise the Panthers have the worst record in the NFL. Since you have taken over our once "Mediocre" Franchise who appeared in two Super Bowls has turned into the laughing stock of the NFL. Excluding Urban Meyer, every coach hired in the NFL by other teams has a better win % than the ones you have hired in the same timeframe. We hold the worst record in the NFL this season, and we don't even have a first round pick next year to show for the effort. At this point in time, mediocrity would be an exponential improvement to what we have been witnessing.

It's not that we don't think you're trying. It's obvious you are. You tried to build a practice facility in Rock Hill. You tried to hire the hot up and coming college coach who was going to change the way the NFL runs with his "analytics" and other buzzwords. You tried to trade for a(n alleged) sex offender last offseason to try and right the ship at QB. You brought music to the Carolinas after all, since we dumb hicks never heard of live music before you graced BofA with artificial turf and concerts. You tried to tap into the nostalgia of the "good ol' days" with your hire of Frank Reich this offseason.

You're trying REALLY hard Dave, we can tell. 

But it's time to stop. You're out of your depth here. You understand finances, you understand hedge funds and markets and rich people stuff, but you don't understand how to run a football team. You don't understand how to make the Panthers a good team.

It's time Dave. Know that now is the time to step away from making the football decisions. Hire a director of football operations to make those moves. Handle the business stuff and let someone else do the football stuff while you chill in your office next to your comically large anatomically correct brass testicles that sit on your desk. 

Ever heard the old adage "If it smells like crap everywhere you walk, check your own shoes"? 

It's time to check your own shoes Dave. 

That's not bad.

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

The worst thing to someone who has ever tangible asset in the world is to be hated by people. Right now his popularity is abysmal

I don't think Tepper cares about being hated. Money is his deity so hit him in the wallet where it hurts. How? IDK. Stop going to games I guess but then the stadium is full of fans from the opposing team. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I seriously doubt the observer would run the ad but good luck its a good idea

Then pick somewhere else. There's enough types of media coverage in 2023. Find a way for the statement to get picked up by ESPN. Then you force the Charlotte press to talk about it.

Is Mr Beast a Panthers fan? Use his platform. Tepper wouldn't ignore him.

This board cracks me up lol

im far from a Tepper apologist but lets recap the last 12 months

-We fired a college coach and the complaint was we needed someone that “understands” the NFL. We now have one of the most experienced staffs in the league, including 3 former NFL head coaches including Reich

-We bitched and moaned that we kept spinning wheels on bust QBs we tried to fix. They decided to finally get in position and literally be able to hand pick the rookie QB they wanted, and they picked the QB pretty much universally considered the right pick

-We whined that Hurney gave out bad contracts and was too loyal to players and that Gettleman was too cheap and too content with trying to fill holes with players already on the team. The guy we have now is aggressive and will do anything he feels makes the team better. When you are always making moves theres gonna be misses

So he has pretty much done everything this board has begged for, at some point it comes down to the players that get paid millions need to execute. Our OLine looked like world beaters last year and now can block a 4 man front. Our QB has had way more growing pains than anyone anticipated. Our defense literally has half its starters on IR. 

despite all that, while were 1-7 only the Detroit and Miami games were ones where it was clear we were outclassed and couldnt compete, both those teams are also legitimate playoff teams. Every other game is a toss up decided by 2 or 3 plays. Our offense is painful to watch and our margin for error is almost zero, but I honestly dont think this team is looking at a decade of misery ahead like the consensus of the board thinks. Keep the core of the defense together, get Bryce some weapons, move Ickey to guard and get a tackle in free agency and I think next year looks alot different. But blowing it up now is just resetting the clock all over again, which weve been doing since 2019. You have to actually give this rebuild a real chance

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Need someone to write the ad, someone to embody our frustation with David Tepper and put him on blast to hire a competent President of the team to hire/fire GMs, coaches, etc. An ad that embodies how he, Nicole, his brand have been nothing but a dumpster fire since the moment he bought the team, that his approval ratings are George Shinn'esque

I can't write that ad, I am too emotionally frustrated with this team to write beyond a 5th grade level. I also would need help though on how to navigate getting this ad in the Observer, where would I start? https://www.charlotteobserver.com/customer-service/contact-us/ ????

Instead of us all bitching and moaning on here, let's collectively come together and put this billionaire on blast

How many words would help with this a lot. You don’t want small font.