• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teppers head shake

Turtle

4 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

And it’s only wasted breath to keep saying he’s “stupid” or whatever. He hasn’t hired the right guys yet..sure. Okay, so let’s keep trying. Not much else to do other than peace as a fan.

If your biggest hope is that a guy who has no clue what he's doing (yet still insists on being hands on) will one day somehow luck into doing the right thing, you have no hope.

Tepper needs to take himself completely out of the equation. The only guy I can see him trusting enough to do that with doesn't work here right now, but he could.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If your biggest hope is that a guy who has no clue what he's doing (yet still insists on being hands on) will one day somehow luck into doing the right thing, you have no hope.

Tepper needs to take himself completely out of the equation. The only guy I can see him trusting enough to do that with doesn't work here right now, but he could.

Please let him get hired by the Panthers. Praying right now for it. 

10 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I'm neither pro nor anti 

Oops. My full text didn't post. Sorry about that.

I think Tepper is trying to hard to win. He brought back Cam when he felt the team needed a spark under Rhule. He tried to bring in veteran QBs two years in a row to help the offense. He got rid of Rhule when he saw the team was going nowhere with him at the helm.

Tepper knows it's an offensive game today. He hired our first offensive minded head coach to bring us into the modern era. When he got the new coach gave him everything he asked for on the coaching staff. New DC, new OC, new QB coach, new WR coach, new RB coach and hired an assistant head coach (Jim Caldwell) to oversee everything. All the pundits said Bryce had everything in place to succeed as a rookie.

Now we are worse than we were last year. Tepper may have influenced the Young selection. Even if he did, I can't fault him. Even the media said it was a toss up between Young and Stroud. I think he's got the wrong people in place. More on this later. Gotta go to work now.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I’m saying is that it’s his team and he’s still the one that needs to hire an exec. That’s what I’m saying. Picking the right guy for that role is just as a task as picking a GM. And a lot of those guys are exec/GM combos. I mean, it’s Tepper’s move no matter what.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Oops. My full text didn't post. Sorry about that.

I think Tepper is trying to hard to win. He brought back Cam when he felt the team needed a spark under Rhule. He tried to bring in veteran QBs two years in a row to help the offense. He got rid of Rhule when he saw the team was going nowhere with him at the helm.

Tepper knows it's an offensive game today. He hired our first offensive minded head coach to bring us into the modern era. When he got the new coach gave him everything he asked for on the coaching staff. New DC, new OC, new QB coach, new WR coach, new RB coach and hired an assistant head coach (Jim Caldwell) to oversee everything. All the pundits said Bryce had everything in place to succeed as a rookie.

Now we are worse than we were last year. Tepper may have influenced the Young selection. Even if he did, I can't fault him. Even the media said it was a toss up between Young and Stroud. I think he's got the wrong people in place. More on this later. Gotta go to work now.

I think you neatly summed up everything wrong with Tepper's stewardship.

You can't have a non-football person making football decisions like that.  You hire a real grown up, experienced leader to run the team - and you definitely don't hire your wife who has absolutely no experience.

You've got to ditch Fitts now - regardless of whether it's his fault or not.  I fully concede it may not be, given the Rhule era and Tepper being in charge.  I don't know if Fitts is at fault, but it's very clearly a roster devoid of the requisite talent.  I think you have to chase Samir Sulieman out as well.  Our guy who is supposed to keep our cap in control continues to kick the can down the road and limit our options in the future.

Tepper is a huge part of the problem.  But it will be years before it's fixed, because we've already mortgaged our future.  That assuming Tepper can hire people to run the Panthers and then just get out of the way.  I'm not sure he can.

• Pie 1

While he was shaking his head this was what was going on in his thoughts...........

"Just imagine I own a franchise in a sports league where no matter how much they suck my investment keeps pushing my revenue through the roof........amazing...................hey where's that ketchup bottle at I asked for?..........."

8 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Even if Beane was the GM and Andy Reid was the coach, Tepper and his wife would still put themselves at the table making football decisions.  

We will literally be horrible til he removes himself from the equation and he can't do that because he's hands on 100% in everything he does. So we stuck like Chuck til he sells the team in 20-25 years

I will be dead by then