• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich should be fired now

Frank9999

10 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Reich needs to be fired. He was sold as an offensive guru and QB whisperer and both facets of the team have been terrible. Our very good OLine from one year ago has regressed to the point of being worst in the league because said offensive guru has gone with a scheme that exposes their deficiencies.

Young will get at least another season because we don't have another 1st round pick, so whoever comes in will likely be told they get a pass next year no matter the results and if Young doesn't pan out year 2 they can have Tepper's next QB in the 2025 draft.

FIFY

Reich has to go 100% as soon as today. He had to have watched the film we put out late last year showing that we found a successful formula in winning by pounding the rock with power running plays and playing the time of possession game and instead of choosing to build on that formula that we found successful he chose instead to do the complete opposite and trash that and make us a zone running short passing WCO team. The players look defeated because they know that're not being put in places to succeeded. There's no emotion from the offense because they know they're beat before the game is even kicked off. I don't blame them it has to suck being dominated by the 2 worst defense in football in back-to-back weeks and seeing your "offensive" head coach do nothing different and keep running the same concepts that haven't worked all season. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Yes you want Wilks back. Same o' dance.

Who? I've never ever banged the table for Wilks. You're barking up the wrong tree. I have always said, even earlier this very day in another thread that we could have done better than Wilks or Reich. I never wanted either one of them. Harbaugh was always my pick, and I've been on the record saying that.

Regarding Wilks, recent events have made me ponder something.

Suppose for a moment we had kept Wilks, and we proceeded (just as we did with Reich) to go after a quarterback...

Do we believe Wilks would have wanted Bryce Young?

If not, then does he just wind up in the same situation he had in Arizona? 🤔

hey you fire Scott Fitterer to begin with & then bring in a young guy that comes from a winning culuture such as Mike Borgonzi for your next GM & then let him without the help of David Tepper decide who your next head coach is & the 33rd pick along with the rest of them in the 2024 draft , the Burns contract, etc...just saying

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Wilks, recent events have made me ponder something.

Suppose for a moment we had kept Wilks, and we proceeded (just as we did with Reich) to go after a quarterback...

Do we believe Wilks would have wanted Bryce Young?

If not, then does he just wind up in the same situation he had in Arizona? 🤔

can't rule out that part of Reich getting the job over Wilks was just that. 

"I wanna draft a linebacker in the first."

"Okay, well, thanks for all you did." 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Who? I've never ever banged the table for Wilks. You're barking up the wrong tree. I have always said, even earlier this very day in another thread that we could have done better than Wilks or Reich. I never wanted either one of them. Harbaugh was always my pick, and I've been on the record saying that.

Oh yes...sorry I confused you with so many other posters here who wanted Wilks over Reich and thought it was wrong to not remove that interim tag he carry last season. However, preferring a coach who needs to steal signs in order to be one of the best is wrong in so many levels is worst, MUCH worst. We don't need another SpyGate to taint this league again. You have him, I keep Reich cause he doesn't cheat.

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

I could not agree more. I thought Wilks was not the guy because he would stand up to Tepper. If he felt strongly. 

People talking about Wilks is a dinosaur I get it ands I know he isn’t the Best coordinator. But he understands some poo. 

I was very vocal about wanting to move on from Wilks. I was dead wrong. The only thing that has ever worked for us in our history is when we have an identity centered around being a tough, hard-nosed defensive-minded team that controls the clock and runs the ball on offense. Our only chance at even being remotely competitive again anytime soon is getting back to those roots. If/when we fire Reich I'm totally fine if our next coach is from a defensive background.