• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most depressing uninteresting season I have ever watched and ive watched them all

Ricky Prickles

44 minutes ago, FutureDynasty said:

No with his ego and Tepper's ego it wouldn't last more than a season and we are worse off because who wants to work with an owner who has fired or moved on from 5 head coaches in 6 years.

We would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for head coaches for a decade afterwards.

If Tepper hired Harbaugh, it would be with an understanding. It s not like Harbaugh's personality is a secret. I'm sure that both men would enter into the relationship after vetting each other out and having a come-to-Jesus moment face to face. Not worried. It's better than another weak-willed yes-man which would probably end up in the place you described after three to four years.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

This is who we should've hired when we hired Reich.  @t96 and I are all for it. 

All for it if Tepper would let him do his job, but from what we’ve seen I bet Harbaugh would do something to upset Tepper’s unstable ego and Tepper would get rid of him eventually, even if we were winning. Still can’t believe the 49ers let that tool Trent Baalke win the power struggle with Harbaugh. We all know who was responsible for their stretch of 3 straight NFCCGs and 1 SB appearance

• Flames 2

There were for sure a lot of outright lies being told. If you look at the product though you will will be able to see through them. 

I have said this elsewhere but I was always big on not drawing any conclusions based on week one, and since the 3 preseason game schedule came in I expanded it to the 1st two. That is a pretty hard and fast no judging rule. Yearly, I try to be consistent and acknowledge that I need to hold off making evaluations.

Even so, what I saw and did not see in the first game was impossible to ignore. Same with the second. Hugest red flags of red flags. Everywhere on offense. 

• Beer 1

How about we say no to hiring another old Panthers QB who wasn't very good to be our head coach. So that leaves Jake and Cam in the positive side, but neither one is coaching material.

Look, I want to be able to say, have patience with the current coaching regime. I really, really want to. 

I just can't. 

It doesn't matter what's happening in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many all-pros you have. It doesn't even matter how you do on draft day. All that matters is what is happening on the field.

And what we are seeing there just is wrong. It's so wrong, there are so many deficiencies, that is near impossible to point to individual problems that can be solved. Every problem leads to another and was, in turn, caused by yet something else.

It's not "We need better receivers." It's "Our receivers suck because of they don't run routes properly" and they don't run the routes properly because they are still young and have little coaching and that's because we traded away our best receiver to the team that beat us last night. And that's just the tip of that particular ice berg. And it's the frikkin' Arctic Sea of icebergs out there when it comes to reviewing this team's problems.

GIF by Earthjustice

We are literally awash in disastrous problems. Outside of special teams, there's really nothing good to  say about any position group or play calling. Nada, zilch.

I keep looking for something, anything that could provide some shred of hope for this team, but I just can't find it. 

This is just a bad team, through and through. I'm not sure it can be fixed, and certainly not by the current GM and Head Coach or their respective staffs. 

This team needs an enema to flush all this crap out.

The 2001 team had quite a few good pieces on it, but Weinke was a poor quarterback who was already over the hill as a rookie and Seifert was easily the most inept coach this franchise had ever had until Matt Rhule arrived to steal his title.

This year's team MIGHT accidentally win another game or two but they are far duller to watch than the 2001 team. Not a single player on offense with the exception of Thielen looks like they actually belong at this level.

Whenever we have the ball, it doesn't feel that far removed from watching Ted Roof-era Duke football. I'm not even kidding. Continual failure to do basic crap correctly.

Agree with OP - this is by far the most uninteresting season of Panthers football ever. You can lose a lot of games but still play a relatively entertaining style, and this team can't even do that.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I just don't know we give Reich and Fitt more time.  If the team was at least on the same level as it was toward the end of last year I would be on board with giving more of a chance.  But we're not even close to being as "good" as Rhule was last year.  

Wilks wasn't the answer in the long run, but at least he could motivate the team and get something out of them. Reich looks like his on a heavy dose of codeine and doesn't give a sh&t.

28 minutes ago, PantherInTheBullCity said:

The 2001 team had quite a few good pieces on it, but Weinke was a poor quarterback who was already over the hill as a rookie and Seifert was easily the most inept coach this franchise had ever had until Matt Rhule arrived to steal his title.

This year's team MIGHT accidentally win another game or two but they are far duller to watch than the 2001 team. Not a single player on offense with the exception of Thielen looks like they actually belong at this level.

Whenever we have the ball, it doesn't feel that far removed from watching Ted Roof-era Duke football. I'm not even kidding. Continual failure to do basic crap correctly.

Agree with OP - this is by far the most uninteresting season of Panthers football ever. You can lose a lot of games but still play a relatively entertaining style, and this team can't even do that.

I would add Chuba to the mix. 

• Pie 1