• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich v. Hackett

Bear Hands

Thinking about coaches fired year 1. 

There's other guys you could point to like Tomsula, Meyer, Chud, & Wilks, actually, quite a lot in recent memory...but Hackett is the freshest.  

How does this compare in lack of competency? 

The in-game decisions recently (i.e kicking, not knowing who's on the field, etc.) made this seem eerily comparable.  Hackett somehow got to week 16 at 4-11 before being canned.  

If Reich lasts this week, we've got 8 games left.  We'll likely be 1-9 headed to Nashville to face Will Levis and Derrick Henry.  If not this week, when do we hit eject? 

And our we experiencing what could be argued the worst coached season in NFL history? Does this compare to Hackett, Kitchens, or Tomsula yet?

40 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

That idiotic decision to try a 59 yard field goal reminded me of hackett’s debut on MNF against Seattle last year where he opted for a 60+ yard kick over going for it on 4th. Reich has been absolutely terrible and has earned his pink slip if he gets it.

I think Reich's decision was correct, tbh. I'd absolutely take a shot on Pineiro just burying one over Bryce picking that first down up. 

Shows you what the team really thinks of Bryce right now, when they're not talking poo for the media. 

Also from his reaction it was pretty clear that Pineiro told him he didn't have that kick lol. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

can you imagine how attractive this job will be?

worst record in the league and no first round pick? 

Ew Reaction GIF

Don't forget the cherry on top; meddling ownership! I really don't even see how we're going to attract anyone to this place. Probably just get stuck with another uninspired retread or an extremely green up and comer that had no other options. Late Al Davis Raiders style!

• Pie 3

42 minutes ago, beo said:

Don't forget the cherry on top; meddling ownership! I really don't even see how we're going to attract anyone to this place. Probably just get stuck with another uninspired retread or an extremely green up and comer that had no other options. Late Al Davis Raiders style!

i don't know that he's the worse in the league even right now, but he's bad. and he made his wife an active part of all of it as well...which isn't in itself necessarily a bad thing, but do we know anything about her work history or background that qualifies her to make any decisions? i mean she's kind of a mystery.

it's just not a good situation at all. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i don't know that he's the worse in the league even right now, but he's bad. and he made his wife an active part of all of it as well...which isn't in itself necessarily a bad thing, but do we know anything about her work history or background that qualifies her to make any decisions? i mean she's kind of a mystery.

it's just not a good situation at all. 

There is literally no team in the nfl that is worse then us or has been worse then us since dave and nicole bought the team.   His wife meddling in a nfl franchise is fuging insanity.

• Pie 2

The fact that Tepper's wife is somehow running any part of the team is a tremendous red flag.  She is completely unqualified.  Fire Nicole.  Hire someone like Kevin Colbert to run the team.  Let him put his FO together, carte blanche.  Fire whoever, hire whoever.  With that done, let that group decide if firing Reich is the right call.  The further away the Tepper's step, the more likely success is to follow.

• Pie 3